• Public Service Broadcasting
    • Pete Seeger Band
    • Po'okela Street Band

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Just saw OCS mentioned on the homepage as playing Beyond The Tracks and rushed to see where I could see John Dwyer's gang but it turned out to be bloody Ocean Colour Scene.

Reminded me of this thread, that's all. If the OCS name sticks (it won't) then we're gonna need an OCS vs OCS thread.

Who is John Dwyer? There's only one OCS!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone catching PSB (the good one) on their upcoming tour? Just grabbed a ticket for their show at Exeter cathedral tomorrow which somehow I didnt know was a thing until an ad for it popped up a couple days ago. Should be a good one - only caught them once in an afternoon slot on the second stage at BST Hyde Park which doesn't really suit any band well so looking forward to getting the full experience.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Anyone catching PSB (the good one) on their upcoming tour? Just grabbed a ticket for their show at Exeter cathedral tomorrow which somehow I didnt know was a thing until an ad for it popped up a couple days ago. Should be a good one - only caught them once in an afternoon slot on the second stage at BST Hyde Park which doesn't really suit any band well so looking forward to getting the full experience.

Got at ticket for the Manchester gig. Saw them support Super Furry Animals a few years ago. Looking forward to next monday

Nice show last night, I'd have cut a few of the longer slower tracks which did lose the audience (myself included) a bit but the obvious high points were wonderful. Still not sold on the new album stuff tbh aside from Progress which was cracking. The venue of Exeter Cathedral in itself was phenomenal and did make the gig feel special though perhaps PSB musically aren't the most suitable act for such a space. Have fun those seeing them on the rest of the tour!

27 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm a bit priced out for this gig with so many others about at the moment, especially with it being at the not-great-academy (manchester). The memories from them Albert Hall are so good as well I'm happy to give them some breathing space for an album or 2.

I love the Academy. Some of the Step Back nights there, were the best nights of my entire life.

On 10/9/2017 at 2:39 PM, eastynh said:

I love the Academy. Some of the Step Back nights there, were the best nights of my entire life.

I've got nothing against it, and seen some great gigs there in the past, it's just a bit of an uninspiring box. That said, it's a great excuse to go into Big Hands which is a bit out of the way for a normal night but one of my favorite bars in town.

Edited by priest17
Need to stop turning threads into talk of places in Manchester I like...

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

PSB were excellent tonight. Loved the stage set up & screens too.

What dud you think @stuartbert two hats?

Yeah, was a good do. He seemed genuinely impressed with the crowd for a Monday night. 

The drumming was really impressive on the new album tracks, very musical and inventive. And the percussion was good too.

And of course, the dancing spacemen were great!

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Where do we think PSB would place, if they turned up in 2019?  They're obviously bigger than The Glade now, but I'm not sure where they would go these days.  Are they headlining JPT/subbing WH level?

They're growing but they still have a bit of a cult following don't they? I'd have thought JPT sub would be a decent slot but maybe I'm underestimating them. 

3 hours ago, dondo said:

Regarding the other PSB- still love them too- their set at Glastonbury in 2010 is 1 of my favourite ever Glastonbury sets.

Too right. I've been to every Glasto since 1992 and the PSBs in 2010 is by far the best set I've ever seen on the farm. Everyone I speak to that was there says pretty much the same -  it was a phenomenal gig.

Neil and Chris have both said it's one of their favourite shows they've ever played too. 

46 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone that's been to the PSB tour so far this week, what kind of stage times we looking at? Any support?

PSB were on from 21:00 to 22:30 last night, support was 20:00 to 20:30ish (apparently, I came in a bit late after only getting a ticket at 19:45 last night).

They were absolutely fantastic last night - best I've seen them. So glad I got my act together and got down there.