• Public Service Broadcasting
    • Pete Seeger Band
    • Po'okela Street Band

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Chawk said:

Aren't Public Service Broadcasting really the original PSB? They've always been PSB.

I'd never heard anyone refer to Pet Shop Boys as PSB until the thewayiam PSB scandal of 2016. 

No, that was the Pete Seeger Band.

3 minutes ago, Chawk said:

We need another poll option then! Being dead never stopped anyone.

Ok

1 hour ago, donkeykong said:

They will both play I think. PSB1 were rumoured in one of the other threads and PSB2 have a new album coming this year. 

I like both and am frankly furious at not having the option to vote accordingly ^_^

Be furious no more.

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ah, that explains it. You didn't have to suffer through them in their heyday. Or more precisely, the years and years after their heyday when they kept getting new records and terrible remixes played on the radio.

Better them than boyzone.

13 minutes ago, hurdy said:

I didn't know there was a remix. I've just checked it out.

I wish I'd remained unaware of its existence. Oof it's bad. 

I remember being at school, really loving Outside and knowing that when the singles came out everyone would realise that Bowie was still a force to be reckoned with. 

Easy choice for me. Have always hated Pet Shop Boys, never understood why they were so popular. Maybe its because I wasnt alive during their peak. Plus Public Service Broadcasting are a really nice concept for a band - not really anyone else that does what they do (that I'm aware of). Gutted I never went to see them in 2015 at the Glade. Was clash hell for me that night - and I definitely picked the wrong option .

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Have always hated Pet Shop Boys, never understood why they were so popular. Maybe its because I wasnt alive during their peak.

Maybe because they're up there with The Smiths as one of the best British singles band of the 1980s.

Seriously, the Discography collection is one of the all time great compilations.  It's just belter after belter after belter.

The Service lads have got to produce another 4 or 5 albums and a dozen or so decent singles before this is even a fair fight.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe because they're up there with The Smiths as one of the best British singles band of the 1980s.

Seriously, the Discography collection is one of the all time great compilations.  It's just belter after belter after belter.

The Service lads have got to produce another 4 or 5 albums and a dozen or so decent singles before this is even a fair fight.

The results of the vote on this topic says otherwise...

But, you're right, in terms of legacy I'll happily accept Pet shop boys are a more famous act with more hits. But I thought this topic was personal opinion, and my personal opinion is that I hate the guys voice and thus do not find them enjoyable.

Like I'm sure it is for everyone, some acts just don't do anything for me - and pet shop boys are one of them.