Going alone, anyone done before

Stem1989a2

I have my ticket but a friend bailed and to be honest I quite like my own company so it has me thinking of going alone.

Has anyone done this and what are your experiences? I've done festivals as a duo a bunch of times but never alone.

Also is there a page for other loners as there was last year someone can direct me too? 

Thanks in advance! 

Ive done it on my own a couple times. It's great. I get there early on the wednesday. Set my tent up. Fill up a bottle with wine and check out the village. Spend the wednesday and thursday in comedy tent/cinema. Normally walk down to the village thursday morning. Then friday through sunday you get to the arena early. Only times i felt lonely were between bands but i just use that time to either check out a couple of songs in one of the tents, grab food/drink or check out the shops etc.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ThePushover said:

Tempted to do Download but not sure if any of my friends are up for it, been once before but never camped. Hoping I'd be able to make friends there for the weekend. 

Honestly you'll be fine. It's the friendliest festival Ive been to. 

• 1 month later...

Have gone alone several times, had a great time always... I've camped in Quiet myself as I prefer a bit of calm overnight and a chance to get extra kip, but have always got to know the people camping around me and then just chat to anyone thats interested, if they aren't then walk on and chat to someone else! As SOAD says Download is easily the friendliest festival I've been to as well and never had any issues camping alone, it takes guts to convince yourself to do it the first time, but once you do then you wont regret it