Secret Garden Party 2017 Alcohol

DiscoDolly

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've just discovered I might have been checking the wrong page for alcohol T&C's, doh. :lol:

I've just discovered this:

Can I bring my own alcohol?

Yes you can bring 12 cans, or 6 cans and a bottle of wine, or 2 bottles of wine.

No spirits allowed and strictly no glass on site so please decant all wine before you arrive.

http://www.secretgardenparty.com/whats-what/faqs/

Well, I'm pleased that's sorted. :)

Edited by eFestivals

21 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

is this worth going to ? 

never been ...bit close to latitude in timing tho

It used to be,    The fact its the last year could go either way regarding  how much fun it will be in 2017.   All things must pass and SGP was sadly already passed its sell by date. 

7 hours ago, fingers_mark said:

Shame.

Used to go every year and it was fantastic. So much attention to detail, accessible, fun and a great lake location.

Can't comment on last few years, but the line up did seem to struggle with top names.

Maybe i'll consider this one last time...

Line up is much better this year, I guess it being the finale is why

I'm considering SGP this year as my friends and I want to do a festival for our 30ths (waa!) I wondered if the above quote from their website regarding alcohol is this the same rule as it has been every year? Or are you allowed less drink than before? Having read the start of this chat I'm so glad they appear to have changed their minds about no drink at all. I went to V Festival one year and aside from quickly realising it was not the festival for me, I HATED the strict drinks policy and having to buy tokens in exchange for drink. So much hassle and money for a plastic cup of wine :unsure: 

Just now, loveansley said:

I'm considering SGP this year as my friends and I want to do a festival for our 30ths (waa!) I wondered if the above quote from their website regarding alcohol is this the same rule as it has been every year? Or are you allowed less drink than before? Having read the start of this chat I'm so glad they appear to have changed their minds about no drink at all. I went to V Festival one year and aside from quickly realising it was not the festival for me, I HATED the strict drinks policy and having to buy tokens in exchange for drink. So much hassle and money for a plastic cup of wine :unsure: 

as far as I'm aware, what's on their website now is the same as it's been in the most recent years.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

I am aware that this is of interest to almost no one, but apparently another announcement is on the way. Not sure if this is more acts, entertainment, draconian T&Cs or something completely random. 

Even though I'm not going to the festival, I'm interested. Would they do the unthinkable and back track on their bringing your own alcohol stance I wonder? Doubt it though.