Secret Garden Party 2017 Alcohol

DiscoDolly

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Even though I'm not going to the festival, I'm interested. Would they do the unthinkable and back track on their bringing your own alcohol stance I wonder? Doubt it though.

I guess a lot of depends on how much of an impact it has had amongst the fest's regular goers and how much that has impacted ticket sales. Amongst my friends it has gone down very badly though (although we all already had tickets). 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sadimmock said:

I guess a lot of depends on how much of an impact it has had amongst the fest's regular goers and how much that has impacted ticket sales. Amongst my friends it has gone down very badly though (although we all already had tickets). 

Yes, it would be interesting to know how their ticket sales are going, as compared to previous years. I've only been once, but was able to smuggle in a shed load of red wine. That cushioned the financial blow in terms of money spent at the bar, which always helps you to enjoy the festival that little bit more. Hope you have a ball there, and are able to bring in your own alcohol. If you need to know a way of smuggling alcohol in to a festival let me know, and I'll PM you a bit of video footage that will show how it's done.

On 19/04/2017 at 10:23 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it would be interesting to know how their ticket sales are going, as compared to previous years. I've only been once, but was able to smuggle in a shed load of red wine. That cushioned the financial blow in terms of money spent at the bar, which always helps you to enjoy the festival that little bit more. Hope you have a ball there, and are able to bring in your own alcohol. If you need to know a way of smuggling alcohol in to a festival let me know, and I'll PM you a bit of video footage that will show how it's done.

Many thanks! I have I sent you a PM!

• 2 months later...

Just trying to get clarity on this subject. All the discussion regarding alcohol is to do with taking into the festival arena, is that correct? ...and not the campsite, there are no restrictions (apart from glass) on the alcohol you can take to the campsite, right?

48 minutes ago, nhenson22 said:

Just trying to get clarity on this subject. All the discussion regarding alcohol is to do with taking into the festival arena, is that correct? ...and not the campsite, there are no restrictions (apart from glass) on the alcohol you can take to the campsite, right?

The restrictions are for the whole festival site.

I really find the notion that it is the whole site fairly unbelievable. I don't think I know of any festivals that will not allow you to bring alcohol to the campsite, would be unheard of. Anyone got official wording on the campsite from SGP? Terms mention nothing specific to the campsite.

42 minutes ago, nhenson22 said:

I really find the notion that it is the whole site fairly unbelievable. I don't think I know of any festivals that will not allow you to bring alcohol to the campsite, would be unheard of. Anyone got official wording on the campsite from SGP? Terms mention nothing specific to the campsite.

It doesn't have an arena/campsite divide; once you're in the gates, that's it. 

18 minutes ago, hoils said:

It doesn't have an arena/campsite divide; once you're in the gates, that's it. 

Oh, that changes things. I did not know that...
So what do they have in place near campsite for people who want to buy alchohol? is it just bars or do they have an off license type stall?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI I asked about whether the 12 can rule includes the G&T mixer cans and the reply was:

It's a very nebulous guideline and we haven't gone into detail on every alcohol eventuality...

It's 12 cans / 2 bottles of wine, so if you can keep the total quantity to around those guidelines it's down to security's discretion. 

HQ.

Not massively helpful but thought I'd share.