Toilet Talk

Tartan_Glasto

So in 2015 when it was glorious and sunny, I was singing the praises of the longdrops we had at Hitchin Hill. This year, camping at Pylon, I have discovered that the compost toilets are the way to go! So the question I have is this, what camp sites have the compost toilets? As I think we may look to camp somewhere else this year and I am that guy who will choose a site based on the toilets available haha

I like the composters and glad to hear there's been more installed since my last visit to the farm in '14. 

That said,  I can't be the only one who finds it strangely comforting to have a shit while the rain gently falls on your bare backside... Can I? 

21 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Some come here to shit and stink 

Some come here sit and think 

But I come here 

To scratch my balls and read the writing on the walls.

Anybody would think that with all this wit, Shakspeare had once been here to sit.

That, my friend, may well be true because Shakespeare had an arsehole too.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Anybody would think that with all this wit, Shakspeare had once been here to sit.

That, my friend, may well be true because Shakespeare had an arsehole too.

Ooooooooooohhhh my arse hole is sore 

Tis macbeth..  he keepos banging away with ME

When he should be banging away with juliet 

Me thinks tis time to go forth and watch Sir Thomas yorke

Tis Abit Pablo honey round here 

• 3 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 11:32 AM, Respectfatfrog said:

I always worry about my shorts hitting the piss covered floor

Trick to this is to open your legs slightly wider once they're down (but above the piss covered floor) which holds said shorts in place. Also find it a good place to hold your loo roll while going about your business

12 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

I'm going to sound a bit thick now, but what's a compost toilet?

The idea is, you take a cup of compost from a big pile of the stuff, poo and then cover poo with the compost. This covers your doings and helps mask 'the smell', the same as the pooie before you did. Plus, they are roofed which is handy if it's raining.

On 05/01/2017 at 9:16 PM, bexj said:

I like the composters and glad to hear there's been more installed since my last visit to the farm in '14. 

That said,  I can't be the only one who finds it strangely comforting to have a shit while the rain gently falls on your bare backside... Can I? 

Bex will you come tickle me with your tickle stick? Met you at Kendal last year, hope to see you at the efests meet all burlesque like x

edited, not whilst I'm in the loo by the way haha 

Edited by Curlygirl

On 06/01/2017 at 0:16 AM, bexj said:

I think that's probably splashback...

On 24/04/2017 at 11:37 AM, Smash1984 said:

Trick to this is to open your legs slightly wider once they're down (but above the piss covered floor) which holds said shorts in place. Also find it a good place to hold your loo roll while going about your business

So funny, that's exactly where my big roll goes as well !

I only tend to talk toilets to non-festival goers who don't understand.  There is always the assumption from people who haven't been to festivals that the toilets are dreadful, whereas they are not usually a problem once you have worked out which ones to go to or you get your timing right after the cleaning crews have been round.

The biggest problem with festival toilets is peoples fear of them. If everyone used them the same way they use their loo at home we wouldn't have as many issues as we see. I've not noticed it much at Glastonbury but Leeds fest toilets were shocking mainly because people would go out of their way to avoid sitting.

There were two methods causing problems, there's the cover the seat in an inch of loo roll method, the problem is that the next guy in would then piss all over that tissue meaning the toilet seat is unable to be used until the cleaning crew arrive.

The worst method is when people are squatting away from the actual seat, miss the hole and then make the whole cubicle off limits.

So treat the loos like you would at home, if you splash the seat give it a little wipe with tissue and remember hand sanitiser will kill all those germs. 

Can't do anything about the smell but after day one you don't even notice any more.