JUSTICE

Fladog

• 3 weeks later...

Sitting at home on a Sunday morning - doing a bit of work....sticks on the Justice set.... *does no work*

To repeat what several have already said....this was defo one of my top 3 this year

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is the audio of this still kicking around?  I think I've got enough distance / perspective on this to want to listen to it again.

I got a copy recently. I'm away from home at the moment so can't share, sorry.   But i listened to it for the first time since the festival just last week. It's ok, but better as a memory. The main problem for me is nothing that came after their first record is anywhere near as good, and despite them following the Alive 2007 blueprint of mashing everything together, it still shows. 

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

As loud as I've ever heard the West Holts PA. 

One of the lucky ones. Was very quiet just past the sound desk, weirdly (right hand side). Remember lots of conflicting stories after the fest about it - might have got caught by the wind, or something.

25 minutes ago, Tuna said:

One of the lucky ones. Was very quiet just past the sound desk, weirdly (right hand side). Remember lots of conflicting stories after the fest about it - might have got caught by the wind, or something.

Oh yeah? Thought the West Holts was loud for the most part last year for all gigs, as loud as I've heard anyway. Left a little early and could hear Justice all the way back at the Leftfield tent.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

I was standing just past the sound desk, but on the left hand side, sound was perfect! 

On 1/17/2018 at 10:00 AM, fatyeti24 said:

I got a copy recently. I'm away from home at the moment so can't share, sorry.   But i listened to it for the first time since the festival just last week. It's ok, but better as a memory. The main problem for me is nothing that came after their first record is anywhere near as good, and despite them following the Alive 2007 blueprint of mashing everything together, it still shows. 

I was surprised how much I liked the 'new' one once I gave it a go. Still listen to it now (indeed, I am now). 

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Depending on where you stood the wind was definitely playing silly buggers with WH sound last year.  The Avalanches and The Jacksons seemingly both fell victim of you weren't right in front of the stage.

I was to the right on the path for The Avalanches and the sound was great. But people who were closer and in the middle said it was dodgy. A weird one alright.

They must have had a new sound set up last year. Whatever about the quality, the volume was way up on previous years. 

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I was to the right on the path for The Avalanches and the sound was great. But people who were closer and in the middle said it was dodgy. A weird one alright.

They must have had a new sound set up last year. Whatever about the quality, the volume was way up on previous years. 

I was just in front of the sound stage for Avalanches. Not sure what the big deal was. It was a bit quiet so I... moved forward a bit. Genius!

To be honest I found the sound a bit quiet for everyone I saw at WH this year. The actual sound quality was good, just too quiet. Justice had no such problems at Brixton mind!

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Justice was one of my highlights

nothing is cooler than when he walked out on to the crowd at the end , lit a cigarette and stood there smoking it 

my hero 

(smoking is not cool or big, unless you are a French DJ)

Yeah, for sure. They are two of the coolest dudes on the planet.

I was right down the front for Avalanches and it was absolutely perf. Couldn't hear a thing for The Jacksons, and judging by the chants from the rest of the crowd, neither could anybody else. Was down the front again for Solange and sound was lush. Justice I was fucked for so don't really remember. Dizzee was loud and clear from where I was stood right at the back of the field.

I want to say a belated thank you to the 2 manc blokes who told me to go and see these. Bit deflated with nobody I was bothered about watching on the Sunday night, they saved it for me. Brilliant set, great crowd was buzzing afterwards.

By the way I fucking hate fallow years. Total bastards.

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I was right down the front for Avalanches and it was absolutely perf. Couldn't hear a thing for The Jacksons, and judging by the chants from the rest of the crowd, neither could anybody else. Was down the front again for Solange and sound was lush. Justice I was fucked for so don't really remember. Dizzee was loud and clear from where I was stood right at the back of the field.

I was in a very similar place for the Jacksons and Justice (a little further forward of the stall closest to the stage on the left hand side) and the sound was so much better on the Sunday.