JUSTICE

Fladog

2 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

I'm starting to think West Holts is too small for Justice. It's going to be like [bearded Australian we can never mention again] all over again.

Still 100% going to be there.

Don't see it myself.  Their last album didn't exactly set the world on fire, and the Edster's crowd will be gargantuan.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't see it myself.  Their last album didn't exactly set the world on fire, and the Edster's crowd will be gargantuan.

yeah, no way they're getting the kind of numbers it takes to fill that field.

which, last time i asked Nile Rodgers, was 55,000.

Edited by fatyeti24

Yeah this isn't a lot different to how a shitload of people on here were going to LCD Soundsystem last year and they ended up drawing a tiny crowd.

Proportionally there's probably more on here saying they'll be at Justice than there were saying they'd be at LCD, but in the real world Justice still won't have a monstrous crowd. Ed Sheeran will have a monstrous crowd.

25 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah this isn't a lot different to how a shitload of people on here were going to LCD Soundsystem last year and they ended up drawing a tiny crowd.

Proportionally there's probably more on here saying they'll be at Justice than there were saying they'd be at LCD, but in the real world Justice still won't have a monstrous crowd. Ed Sheeran will have a monstrous crowd.

I'm gong to be part of a group of about 14, and nobody is planning on watching Ed Sheeran - but it will in all likelihood be the busiest performance of the weekend. It confuses the hell out of me - had the same conversation last year about Coldplay again on the Sunday night, and again no one interested out of about ten people, yet it was rammed by the looks of the footage. . . . 

Id far rather be at a quieter stage though to be honest, a pyramid field when it's completely packed isn't really that nice a place to be. Too big, too busy, too much of a bloody headache to get away from. 

10 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'm gong to be part of a group of about 14, and nobody is planning on watching Ed Sheeran - but it will in all likelihood be the busiest performance of the weekend. It confuses the hell out of me - had the same conversation last year about Coldplay again on the Sunday night, and again no one interested out of about ten people, yet it was rammed by the looks of the footage. . . . 

Id far rather be at a quieter stage though to be honest, a pyramid field when it's completely packed isn't really that nice a place to be. Too big, too busy, too much of a bloody headache to get away from. 

Yeah none of my group will be seeing Ed Sheeran but we all have similar music tastes and we'll all be at Justice or BBK. Similarly all of my group saw LCD Soundsystem last year but the majority of people I met over the weekend were well up for Coldplay on the Sunday night.

40 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

So your telling me that more people are saying Justice who are playing West Holts, than LCD who played Other. Now I'm no mathematician but there's a flaw in your conclusion. 

(I actually agree with you to a point btw, I'm feeling busy but manageable)

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

So your telling me that more people are saying Justice who are playing West Holts, than LCD who played Other. Now I'm no mathematician but there's a flaw in your conclusion. 

(I actually agree with you to a point btw, I'm feeling busy but manageable)

Yeah. Almost everyone in that "your 2017 headliners" thread or whatever it's called are saying Justice for Sunday. Last year there were quite a lot of people on here seeing EWF and even a fair few seeing Coldplay despite their overall reputation on here.

LCD's crowd probably would have fit in the WH field anyway from what has been said on here. No idea myself as I was fairly near the front.

Edit: Just checked that thread and more people have said they're seeing Justice than Radiohead :lol: So yeah I reckon proportionally there's probably also more people saying Justice than said LCD last year.

Edited by Will-2609

12 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I think with last year, it was a case of people not wanting to have to trudge through the mud again.  Coldplay are dependable, if anything and will put on a (bland, in my opinion) show.  It's sort of the same with Ed Sheeran, the mass appeal of him will/should draw the largest crowd. 

I can't see Justice pulling in the same amount as Chic did.  That was something else, in the top 5 moments of Glasto ever for me. 

But even if it isn't an epic turnout, those who will be there, will be raving their bloody socks off 

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

I think with last year, it was a case of people not wanting to have to trudge through the mud again.  Coldplay are dependable, if anything and will put on a (bland, in my opinion) show.  It's sort of the same with Ed Sheeran, the mass appeal of him will/should draw the largest crowd. 

I can't see Justice pulling in the same amount as Chic did.  That was something else, in the top 5 moments of Glasto ever for me. 

But even if it isn't an epic turnout, those who will be there, will be raving their bloody socks off 

Nah Coldplay would have got a monster crowd regardless of the weather. They're probably the biggest band in the world.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Having listened to AAA I think I'm defo gonna be seeing these. Are theyou playing much off the new one? Couldn't tell from setlist.fm 

Yeah they are playing a fair amount. A lot of setlists don't do the show justice (ha) though because they mix loads of their songs together while playing one of them so the title stated might be deceiving. 

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah. Almost everyone in that "your 2017 headliners" thread or whatever it's called are saying Justice for Sunday. Last year there were quite a lot of people on here seeing EWF and even a fair few seeing Coldplay despite their overall reputation on here.

LCD's crowd probably would have fit in the WH field anyway from what has been said on here. No idea myself as I was fairly near the front.

Edit: Just checked that thread and more people have said they're seeing Justice than Radiohead :lol: So yeah I reckon proportionally there's probably also more people saying Justice than said LCD last year.

Ha yeah I was joking around because you compared Justice to LCD saying they got a tiny crowd, then went on to say that more people are saying they will be seeing Justice (who are also playing a smaller stage). All equals big crowd to me. 

I definitely think the competition will play a big factor is creating that big crowd. Too many acts that have a big crossover of fans. 

Justice will be the only headliner that all of our 25 strong group will be attending. There's one still adamant he's going to see Ed but I guarantee he'all change his tune. 

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I really want to see London grammar and there's a fair gap between them ending and justice starting. How for is the walk roughly? I'll be seeing moderat before glasto so I'm not fussed about catching them.

Depends on underfoot conditions, dry 30 to 40mins through the crowds, muddy double or treble it. 

14 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Ha yeah I was joking around because you compared Justice to LCD saying they got a tiny crowd, then went on to say that more people are saying they will be seeing Justice (who are also playing a smaller stage). All equals big crowd to me. 

I definitely think the competition will play a big factor is creating that big crowd. Too many acts that have a big crossover of fans. 

Justice will be the only headliner that all of our 25 strong group will be attending. There's one still adamant he's going to see Ed but I guarantee he'all change his tune. 

Ah sorry I thought you were saying there couldn't be more people wanting to see Justice than LCD because they're on a smaller stage :lol:

Nah my point about more people saying Justice than LCD (proportionally) was a caveat to my original point, and saying that they probably won't do as badly as LCD, but the real world crowd size still won't reflect their popularity on here.

Strangely I'm more excited for this set than I am about seeing them at Brixton in September! 

Also, West Holts leaves you in a fantastic position to get down the naughty corner sharpish afterwards. 

Edited by zeppelin
Spelling

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

Another one for Justice here. I was also considering doing London Grammar, then hotfooting it over, but does sound too much like a faff. Oh well, Moderat it is! 

Moderat are in my top 5 must sees for the weekend so don't worry that won't be a bad choice!