BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend 2017

NickisGinger

2 hours ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

I know it's the announcement tomorrow but has anyone got any info on this? Also is Katy Perry definitely headlining the main stage, heard it mentioned on Radio 1 once but haven't seen it since. I'm hoping Kendrick shows up!

Royal Blood's tour dates this morning are near the dates of the Big Weekend.... although having said that they're in the Netherlands a couple of days before and then the US a couple of days after so it would be a lot of travelling!

Also, Harry Styles? Despite him only having one debut single out very recently.

Edited by oscs

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kendrick's schedule is clear so it's possible.

Looking at the other fests KOL are a part of, I'd expect Macklemore, Imagine Dragons, Justin Bieber, Liam Gallagher and then the likes of Rag'n'Bone Man, James Arthur and Clean Bandit as well.

No indication from tour dates but I'd expect Kasabian and Lorde because of new albums. Harry Styles probably a good shout too, yeah.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, orangepaterson said:

Terrible prediction from me and terrible Sunday line up. Especially compared to the strength of the Saturday. 

2nd stage is somewhat better. On the website now.

Alt-J, Anne Marie, Blossoms, Christine and the Queens, Dua Lipa, Mura Masa, Royal Blood, Twin Atlantic

Edited by aidenlangan95

6 minutes ago, orangepaterson said:

Yeh agree. Surprised by Alt J, Royal Blood and most of all Lana Del Ray being on the second stage! 

Not surprised Lana is there, but I am surprised she's not headlining it. Especially considering she was touted to be a Latitude headliner!

Edited by aidenlangan95

2 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Not surprised Lana is there, but I am surprised she's not headlining it. Especially considering she was believed to be a Latitude headliner!

Tbf Radio One's positions are always all over the show.  Kasabian down the bottom, Katy Perry who is likely to be 3rd at Glastonbury headlining above Biffy who are 2nd. 

46 minutes ago, sisco said:

Tbf Radio One's positions are always all over the show.  Kasabian down the bottom, Katy Perry who is likely to be 3rd at Glastonbury headlining above Biffy who are 2nd. 

I mean, Katy Perry is actually the bigger act than Biffy so that one makes sense. But yeah even by Big Weekend standard things like the Kasabian placement and Royal Blood playing seventh down on the second stage are peculiar.

48 minutes ago, sisco said:

Biffy already played the Big Weekend on this album cycle so I don't know what they're doing there at all tbh

Just now, Mash011 said:

I mean, Katy Perry is actually the bigger act than Biffy so that one makes sense. But yeah even by Big Weekend standard things like the Kasabian placement and Royal Blood playing seventh down on the second stage are peculiar.

The undercard is in alphabetical order but RB are headlining the second stage according to the poster 

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What on EARTH is Plan B doing there, and headlining the second stage? Did he not fall off the face of the Earth or has he been doing plenty unbeknownst to me?

Yeah I found that very weird - he's been talking about releasing his next album for years now and still nothing so I'd assumed everybody had totally forgotten about him. Gotta assume they've heard his new stuff and deemed him worthy of such a slot, or assumed people are eager for his comeback (are they?!)

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I found that very weird - he's been talking about releasing his next album for years now and still nothing so I'd assumed everybody had totally forgotten about him. Gotta assume they've heard his new stuff and deemed him worthy of such a slot, or assumed people are eager for his comeback (are they?!)

I really can't imagine so. "I wonder when Plan B will come back" is something I've never heard or read. 

I suppose R1BW is as good a place as any to use as a platform. Just thankful he hasn't landed high on any festival bills that I care about.

I'm excited for Plan B to come back, She Said is a massive tune :ph34r:

2 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Rita Ora? Hahaha

Regret not even trying for tickets tho. Also I swear I read that Little Mix were headlining when this all got announced? 

they definitely claimed they were on twitter, when they were announced.. maybe they don't know what headlining means. Dunno.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't think they are, he has one pretty alright album....then the next release failed! He was awesome at Glastonbury on Pyramid though. Also featured on one of the best C&S songs from their debut.....before they went to shit.

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think they are, he has one pretty alright album....then the next release failed! He was awesome at Glastonbury on Pyramid though. Also featured on one of the best C&S songs from their debut.....before they went to shit.

I thought Ill Manors did pretty well? Got to #1 and was nominated for the Mercury Prize. I might be biased though given I was obsessed with the title track for about a year

5 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I thought Ill Manors did pretty well? Got to #1 and was nominated for the Mercury Prize. I might be biased though given I was obsessed with the title track for about a year

Dropped off heavily after....he disappeared for a reason I guess. It was a film song or something wasn't it?

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Dropped off heavily after....he disappeared for a reason I guess. It was a film song or something wasn't it?

yeah the whole album was a soundtrack to one of his films. always thought his main priority these days was the 'Plan B' film studio which has produced 12 Years A Slave and stuff, but apparently that's nothing to do with him whatsoever and he's actually been doing community work for the last few years. fair play.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

yeah the whole album was a soundtrack to one of his films. always thought he was involved in the 'Plan B' film studio which has produced 12 Years A Slave and stuff, but apparently that's nothing to do with him whatsoever and he's actually been doing community work for the last few years. fair play.

I always thought the term 'Plan B' was named after him reinventing himself as a soul singer.