BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend 2017

NickisGinger

19 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Ed certainly, I can't see any way at all he wouldn't be booked, unless he wants to save doing it until next summer when the album sales have dropped off a bit or something 

It'd look good for the BBC to have Sheeran there. One Direction did it in the past at their peak.

I wish more festivals had "big" surprise opening acts but I guess the names on the line ups sell tickets

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm applying! Never gone to R1BW before, I assume it'll be delightfully crap and I'll have a wonderful time. Can you apply for a specific day? Like I definitely want the Little Mix day, don't want to be binned off with KOL.

yeah you get to choose during the booking process, if you get onto the site anyway

12 hours ago, peruvianjoco said:

With a YO postcode what do you reckon the chances of getting a ticket would be?

Last year they divided the tickets up into three pots: 60% for EX postcodes, 35% other SW postcodes, and 5% rest of UK. Presumably YO postcodes would fall into the 35% pot if they kept the same system, although twice as many people live in Hull as Exeter so they might want to give Hull more than 60%. Idk will be announced in March-ish.

Edited by Zac Quinn

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tickets Released 10th April

Interesting Question, My uni residence is YO so I should technically have access to the 25% of tickets pool... However on the website it says they check to see if your postcode associated with your card is  the same as the post code you have provided. This obviously won't be the case as my card's postcode is my home postcode which isn't YO. Do people think this will be an issue when it comes to getting tickets..?

14 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Tickets Released 10th April

Interesting Question, My uni residence is YO so I should technically have access to the 25% of tickets pool... However on the website it says they check to see if your postcode associated with your card is  the same as the post code you have provided. This obviously won't be the case as my card's postcode is my home postcode which isn't YO. Do people think this will be an issue when it comes to getting tickets..?

You could change your address details on your bank account to reflect your uni residence address.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. Finally landing in a priority allocation area, I was tempted to go just for the shit of it and also hope there are a few good eggs but paying that much when it's a roll of the dice on line ups.. I'm outie. Will no doubt end up regretting it but oh well.

They don't check names on the tickets do they? I'd just grab one and sell it on if the line up's w*nk.

Missed my chance last year by being on holiday and thinking they went on sale a day after they did. Missed my chance to see Tame Impala play five songs!

• 2 weeks later...