Glastonbury through the years

JJShreeve

3 hours ago, dumski said:

£17!!

Yes I know - in fact that year I bought 6 for a total cost of £102 - I used to get them at the CND Office in Old Street - but the one that stands out is the year later - 1987 when they were £21 as that was the last year I ever bought a ticket .

I went down to  Old Street office/shop but they had Moved - to Caledonian Road { Caledonian Road Tube station - on the Piccadilly line } which was a CND shop very close to HMP Pentonville - at that time I did not know North London very well so had not a clue where Caledonian Road was.

That CND shop was far different from their old shop and when I saw it I had my doubts they would be selling tickets as it looked more like a Jumble Shop - 

I had not a clue that was going to be the last year and for the next 30 years I was working at it and most years never ever saw a ticket although in 2016 they changed the entry system and I am now issued with a named ticket.

even although it was a crap shop there is noting better than walking in pulling out £126 cash and getting six tickets in my hands - no messing about with the Internet just ' straight in
and straight out '

glasto-1987-ticket..jpg

1987Poster.thumb.jpg.2c5b12ada3ff07d3d4055a6175c6b3cc.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker