Contact lenses?

fernandomassuy

Agreed, no real difference from any other time of the year, particularly with daily disposables.  I take a small camping mirror to put them in during the morning, and try to remember to take them out when you finally get to bed (as it's easy for forget when you are "tired").  I also take a few extra with me in case of any accidents or if they fall out.

I sometimes do change into my glasses during the night (when still out and about) as my eyes tend to get tired late on when wearing my lenses for an extended period of time.  Even then, no real hassle, as the daily disposables get thrown and its east to carry glasses around.  Alternatively you could leave your glasses in a bag and deposit it at the lockups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a dinosaur and wear hard/gas permeable lenses. I only have the one pair and they last me years. Bit of a job looking after them but I am used to it. Like everyone else said, bring a small mirror, wipes, soap, the necessary solutions and have a bottle of water.  The tap water at the festival is good. I do bring my glasses for when I have to stumble to the toilet at night.

• 3 weeks later...

Daily disposables are easy, had them the last couple of years. Had the monthly ones before that and it's a ball ache messing about with the little pot at 4 in the morning when you are off your face in a tent. Just put your glasses on for the evening if your eyes start to dry out a bit.

Just echoing what was said above about keeping your hands clean. I got chatting with a guy last year who had to go to the medical tent because he had dirty hands and his eye got infected. It looked pretty nasty.

On 12 January 2017 at 7:55 PM, Bisque said:

I hope it's not glass :-)

I think this issue may be a bit of a myth, one which is even perpetuated by security in the gate!

When you look, the rules say no glass bottles. If people were allowed to bring glass bottles, with the best will in the world, there would be smashed glass all over the site - so this makes total sense.

However, people wear glasses &  carry phones with glass screens all around the site, so not all glass is avoidable. A mirror that is kept in your tent isn't that risky and is completely different to glass bottles. If you broke it, you would need to clear it up for your own safety, so it won't end up becoming a risk for other festival goers, or farm animals later on.

it honestly doesn't say 'no glass' anywhere- it says 'no glass bottles'

I went with the intentions of wearing my contacts last year but ended up wearing my glasses for most of it. My eyes were getting pretty dry come night time so was more comfortable wearing my glasses. Easy enough to wear contacts lenses though but would recommend bringing eye drops also.

22 minutes ago, amfy said:

I think this issue may be a bit of a myth, one which is even perpetuated by security in the gate!

When you look, the rules say no glass bottles. If people were allowed to bring glass bottles, with the best will in the world, there would be smashed glass all over the site - so this makes total sense.

However, people wear glasses &  carry phones with glass screens all around the site, so not all glass is avoidable. A mirror that is kept in your tent isn't that risky and is completely different to glass bottles. If you broke it, you would need to clear it up for your own safety, so it won't end up becoming a risk for other festival goers, or farm animals later on.

it honestly doesn't say 'no glass' anywhere- it says 'no glass bottles'

If it says "no glass bottles", then that shouldn't be taken to assume that all other glass products are perfectly OK. In much the same way that while the festival only says "no wax flares", that doesn't mean that similar products made out of other materials would therefore be acceptable.

Obviously there's a bit of common sense used when it comes to prescription items like Glasses or things like Mobile Phones where (tempered) glass is just one of many materials - which is probably why it doesn't outright say "no glass". But I'm absolutely certain that if you turned up with (for example) a box of Glass Tumblers, security would stop you from taking them in regardless of whether they were technically "on the list" or not. I've not seen it first hand but have heard of people having Mirrors confiscated (or having to be left back in the car) on the way in, albeit that was a few years ago now.

I think there can be a distinction between things that could end up broken all over the place, and stuff that might never leave your tent, or rarely be out of your bag. I know people have had mirrors taken off them, but personally, I would challenge it if I was stopped with mine. How successful I'd be is quite another matter!  I think it lies outside the principle of the ban - where's glas tumblers don't. They'd end up smashed all I've the place just like glass bottles would - but mirrors are at least as unlikely to be broken away from your tent as glasses and phones.

just my thoughts on it - people do think it says glass is banned - it doesn't.

Tbf I do take a glass mirror with me, never leaves my tent & is well wrapped up in my clothes in my bag.

I have seen a full floor length mirror being confiscated by security though! How they got it in I have no idea. The group had left their tent wide open & it was covered in lines of drugs