Glastonbury Gifts

Crazyfool01

On 28/12/2016 at 11:28 AM, Ducky89 said:

The OH got bought the Kate Chidley festival map from 2013 (year that we met) which is very sweet 

I bought my OH the 2013 Kate Chidley map too (his first Glastonbury) and he bought me the 2016 one - neither of us knew what the other was buying. I also bought him a boot jack for taking his wellies off - not that he'll need to use it in 2017 of course as it will be gloriously sunny! 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/12/2016 at 0:12 PM, buddiepaul said:

Cheers @glasto-worker, I will look out for this book as well.

sometime in the 80's I saw a cracking book in a stall at Glastonbury but as I was going somewhere I decided not to buy it at that time - went back on the Sunday and the bloody stall was closed - looked the next year but could not find the stall and I have never been able to track it down - Glastonbury Festival Tales when it first came out cost about £20 so anything under that and its a bargain. 

22 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

sometime in the 80's I saw a cracking book in a stall at Glastonbury but as I was going somewhere I decided not to buy it at that time - went back on the Sunday and the bloody stall was closed - looked the next year but could not find the stall and I have never been able to track it down - Glastonbury Festival Tales when it first came out cost about £20 so anything under that and its a bargain. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glastonbury-Festival-Tales-Crispin-Aubrey/dp/0091901618

you don't mean that one? Published in 2004, my friend leant me it a couple of years ago 

4 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glastonbury-Festival-Tales-Crispin-Aubrey/dp/0091901618

you don't mean that one? Published in 2004, my friend leant me it a couple of years ago 

I think you missed my previous post as I do highlight that book

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/216373-glastonbury-gifts/?do=findComment&comment=514

I ended up buying two copies .

its not that book because the book I spotted came out in the 80's - have never seen it since
so I suspect it must have been a limited print run 

Not a Glastonbury book but a great book for anyone interested in the history and evolution of popular music any of the Rock Family Trees series by Pete Frame.

Image result for rock family trees

It's been published, revised and re-published over the years and is beautifully put together with fascinating detail.

Image result for rock family trees

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I think you missed my previous post as I do highlight that book

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/216373-glastonbury-gifts/?do=findComment&comment=514

I ended up buying two copies .

its not that book because the book I spotted came out in the 80's - have never seen it since
so I suspect it must have been a limited print run 

Sorry mate, haven't read the thread, just recognised the title 

On 29 December 2016 at 11:00 PM, Kateymay said:

I bought my OH the 2013 Kate Chidley map too (his first Glastonbury) and he bought me the 2016 one - neither of us knew what the other was buying. I also bought him a boot jack for taking his wellies off - not that he'll need to use it in 2017 of course as it will be gloriously sunny! 

I have "Worthy Girls" by Kate Chidley on our bedroom wall. Paid for by the money we found whilst litter picking at two festivals in 2011.

In preparation for a Glastonbury without my husband - for Christmas he got me a little tent.  I also got a camping mat and some socks (knee high, neon, striped) that will look great with the wellies I won't need to wear.

The next Glastonbury is nearly this year. Happy New Year everyone :drinks:

On 31/12/2016 at 10:15 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

Sorry mate, haven't read the thread, just recognised the title 

no problem - when I spotted them on sale via a Amazon marketplace company my initial plan was to buy it for one of my Volunteers who has been working at Glastonbury since 2009 - He lives in Iceland so while he was aware there was a festival he never thought he would ever get there - I had been trying to persuade him to go for years but he was dead reluctant to camp out - anyway once he tried it he loved it and then he was asking about the history so to save me time I thought it best to buy him a book but there is so many out there I was not sure what to get - so bought one copy of  Glastonbury Festival Tales and when it arrived I thought it was such a good book I would buy one for myself.

I know that he has also shared the book with Icelandic friends who have never attended
but are now looking to try and get tickets.

I don't get down to the market much now so I don't have a clue if traders are still selling books.

10 hours ago, brandycoke said:

Love it !:D

Cheers old son it's nice to have some good feedback especially when you feel ill like I do today. 

I'm working on a couple of others.. That ones 44cm by 44cm but I'm doing a bloke nine that's going to be bigger lol as well as some clocks... They might be ready to post on here for next year llllooooooooolllll 

Check out my old son designs page on faceache lol. G

56 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Guy I love this!!! You actually painted this?? It's brilliant!! 

Yea that's wot I do.....

I did it for a friend who's mad on  Glastonbury.. I'm working on a couple of others but have been busy doing some clocks for people.. 

Really pleased that you like it.. I'm going to do some prints to sell soon but not sure on price.. Thoughts ?? 

Edited by guypjfreak

36 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea that's wot I do.....

I did it for a friend who's mad on  Glastonbury.. I'm working on a couple of others but have been busy doing some clocks for people.. 

Really pleased that you like it.. I'm going to do some prints to sell soon but not sure on price.. Thoughts ?? 

Definitely!!! I'd buy one. I want a long skinny canvas to go above my high headboard, I'd definitely buy. Love it :wub:

16 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Definitely!!! I'd buy one. I want a long skinny canvas to go above my high headboard, I'd definitely buy. Love it :wub:

Once I've finished the ones I'm doing I'll give it a go.. It will take a while tho OK x x 

13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea that's wot I do.....

No idea on pricing but they're awesome! I'd definitely be interested in getting one if you did start selling them!

On 29/12/2016 at 9:34 PM, guypjfreak said:

Didn't get a Glastonbury gift but I did give my friend this one that I did for him. 

1483047299736-1633076559.jpg

That really is fab guy. How long did it take you to complete?

On a seperate note, if it's not already been mentioned (haven't read the whole thread) then this book would make a great present for anybody who is Glastonbury mad;

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/venetia-deardens-glastonbury-photography-book/

It's rich in photography. I bought one after being introduced to the book by the authors mother (lovely lady) when they hosted our wedding at their beautiful house.

22 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea that's wot I do.....

I have a friend who's a professional fine artist in Dorset - her originals start at a few thousand pounds and go up - and she also does limited edition high quality giclee prints that start at a couple of hundred.  She also does postcards and greetings cards of some of her work which sell at sensible card prices.  

www.suejenkins.co.uk

Maybe consider a mix of those.

Edited by grumpyhack