ideas to break the news to my dad?

guitarbhoy1888

cheers for the help everyone! 

sprinkle his sprouts with mandy is a personal favourite :rofl:

i ended up using the coordinates for the pyramid, 412 miles (distance from glasgow) and mick jagger saying 'so they finally asked us to come. then handed him a youtube video of joe strummer playing and he still never ticked! he finally ticked after about 5 minutes of claiming he was going to hyde park and no hasn't stopped talking about it all morning 

Lets just take a step back here.

What a great son you must be to think of getting this for your Dad, presumably registering him on the quiet, and then nabbing him a ticket without really knowing if he'd want it,  what a great Dad, and a great laugh, he must be for inspiring you to do so, and most importantly, what a great relationship the two of you must have for you to want to go with him.

Merry Christmas to you both - a real heart warmer

2 hours ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Lets just take a step back here.

What a great son you must be to think of getting this for your Dad, presumably registering him on the quiet, and then nabbing him a ticket without really knowing if he'd want it,  what a great Dad, and a great laugh, he must be for inspiring you to do so, and most importantly, what a great relationship the two of you must have for you to want to go with him.

Merry Christmas to you both - a real heart warmer

thank you sir! he comes to gigs all the time with me and mates and loves his music. everything was done under the radar so keeping a secret for 3 months or whatever was difficult 

2 hours ago, crocodiles said:

How old is ur dad that's probably the coolest present he's ever got . Nice one . 

he's 53 i think (53 or 54) been going to gigs since he was a teenager and still goes often to gigs. he's not stopped talking about it

1 hour ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

thank you sir! he comes to gigs all the time with me and mates and loves his music. everything was done under the radar so keeping a secret for 3 months or whatever was difficult 

he's 53 i think (53 or 54) been going to gigs since he was a teenager and still goes often to gigs. he's not stopped talking about it

Did your Dad used to be the bassist in the Mystery Jets?