Glastonbury Nightmares

FuzzyDunlop

18 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Does anyone else get weird, trippy dreams after they've been to Glasto? I guess it's down to the amount of beer I consume over the weekend and general lack of sleep.

Anyway the night after Glastonbury, I dreamt that I was awake and there were loads of colours and bright lights all around my room. Then a horrible looking mans face appeared and I woke up with a cold sweat. Couldn't get back to sleep after that. 

Did you bring home lots of coldplay xylophone bands :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regularly have nightmares about Glastonbury. Usually around not getting anywhere to camp. They start a couple of weeks before ticket day, then on the countdown to setting off. Daft really....I've been going for long enough now to know that as long as I get a ticket the rest takes care of itself haha

I regularly have nightmares about Glastonbury. Usually around not getting anywhere to camp. They start a couple of weeks before ticket day, then on the countdown to setting off. Daft really....I've been going for long enough now to know that as long as I get a ticket the rest takes care of itself haha

On 30 December 2016 at 7:04 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Does anyone else get weird, trippy dreams after they've been to Glasto? I guess it's down to the amount of beer I consume over the weekend and general lack of sleep.

Anyway the night after Glastonbury, I dreamt that I was awake and there were loads of colours and bright lights all around my room. Then a horrible looking mans face appeared and I woke up with a cold sweat. Couldn't get back to sleep after that. 

I get really panicked before every festival, don't know why just do, but you can't beat that feeling of having set your your tent etc and having that first beer/smoke/line (whichever you prefer)

I had one last night.

Don't remember it fully but we'd arrived and I'd not brought a hoodie and it was a bit nippy, so I popped down to the Other Stage field to buy one, and the stage was there but it was just a load of old rotting planks of wood on the floor, looked like shit. Bloc Party were on and they were absolutely terrible, and I kind of hung around for a moment out of morbid curiosity. There had been only one guy in the audience, and he'd been sticking around because Kele wouldn't let him leave, but he saw I was there so he sprinted off, and then I thought I would leave to because it was absolute shit, but Kele saw me and started shouting at me being really mean, and I was looking at him like "mate, it's not even Bloc Party, who are those other people on stage? Should've packed it in years ago you spanner". And then the dream scene shifted, don't know how, and I was sat on the back of a truck on Oxford Road in Manchester, like just near where Sound Control is, and I was eating a bagel and thinking about how I hate bagels they're dense and terrible.

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I had one last night.

Don't remember it fully but we'd arrived and I'd not brought a hoodie and it was a bit nippy, so I popped down to the Other Stage field to buy one, and the stage was there but it was just a load of old rotting planks of wood on the floor, looked like shit. Bloc Party were on and they were absolutely terrible, and I kind of hung around for a moment out of morbid curiosity. There had been only one guy in the audience, and he'd been sticking around because Kele wouldn't let him leave, but he saw I was there so he sprinted off, and then I thought I would leave to because it was absolute shit, but Kele saw me and started shouting at me being really mean, and I was looking at him like "mate, it's not even Bloc Party, who are those other people on stage? Should've packed it in years ago you spanner". And then the dream scene shifted, don't know how, and I was sat on the back of a truck on Oxford Road in Manchester, like just near where Sound Control is, and I was eating a bagel and thinking about how I hate bagels they're dense and terrible.

This dream is clearly a reaction of previously unconsidered and unprocessed guilt combined with unresolved feelings of foolishness due to your low placing of A Moon Shaped Pool in your Best Albums of 2016 list.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

This dream is clearly a reaction of previously unconsidered and unprocessed guilt combined with unresolved feelings of foolishness due to your low placing of A Moon Shaped Pool in your Best Albums of 2016 list.

I left out the detail of me seeing Tom York do a crescent shaped turd on the Pyramid, what could that mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I dreamt I was at the Friday of Glastonbury and I hadn't even worked out who I wanted to see. I tried scrawling through pages of acts but kept getting it muddled up. Then I found out that Foals had cancelled their headline set and were replaced by some cheesy One Hit Wonder I barely knew ... but luckily Warpaint were headlining a smaller stage, so it was ok.

On 12/30/2016 at 7:04 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Ohhh yes,

Including waking up shouting on the national express home once, sat next to a stranger too, which i'm sure was a treat for them

Edited by COPG

I've been watching Westworld every night before bed. Last night I had a cracked out dream that was a hybrid of Glastonbury and Westworld. It was slightly more violent than usual experiences on the farm, but it was sunny and dry so there was very little mud which was good.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first Glasto related nightmare last night. This thread made me feel like I was missing out previously but after last nights I'd rather not have another one.

I got to the festival with all my mates but they were only letting in so many people. I was at the back of my group and they stopped before me and said they were at full capacity and I wouldn't be allowed in. The only chance I had was to run around the other side of the site (A long walk even in a dream!). Got half way and a steward called me up to a side gate and said I was allowed in there. When I started walking in another steward screamed at me saying it was an "illegal entrance" and that I would be banned from the festival for life.

I no longer like Stewards.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

I believe that'll be the drugs. Something to do with the serotonin levels in the system. If you use them all up dancing round Glastonbury off your nut then it takes a while for them to reproduce. The post Glasto dreams/nightmares are pretty intense.

having some really weird ones lately.

At the front of the queue come the Wednesday morning, for the gates not to open.

As everyone starts to get desperate, a 100ft Michael screaming "Glastonbury is cancelled", proceeds to start stamping on people with giant Wellies, and those trademark tight denims.

Emily is sitting on a giant chair, with a filthy laugh.

I make it out alive and back to the car, just. But the mayhem that's unfolding behind me is taking many lives.

Edited by joeltg

Well it seems the young uns get affected too, my 12 yr old daughter had one last night. After just arriving we walked down the hill and she needed the toilet, she wanted a compost loo but nearest was long drop and eventually persuaded her to use. Yes, she fell in! Swimming around below - apparently I put my head down the hole to ask how she was going to get out, then threw her a bottle of hand sanitizer- very useful :D.

I had a dream the other night that Kasabian were playing at the Pyramid again. I desperately tried to move but my legs locked and I was stuck there, completely paralysed with fear. They were debuting a new song simply entitled "Carling". The chorus went something like this...

"CARLING!, CARLING!, CARLING!, CARLING!"

There was dog shit everywhere as well for some reason.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I had one last night.

Hahaha!. Quality that.

13 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

I had a dream the other night that Kasabian were playing at the Pyramid again. I desperately tried to move but my legs locked and I was stuck there, completely paralysed with fear. They were debuting a new song simply entitled "Carling". The chorus went something like this...

"CARLING!, CARLING!, CARLING!, CARLING!"

There was dog shit everywhere as well for some reason.

I work for them (Carling, not Kasabian) and for the life of me cannot decide if this is good or bad advertising.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30 December 2016 at 8:54 PM, SloopJohnB said:

Not finding anywhere to camp, or camping somewhere inappropriate is my usual Glastonbury nightmare.   New one last night though, it was the Monday before and I was packing, I looked for my ticket. I couldn't remember it arriving.  I couldn't remember the "my ticket has arrived thread" on here.  Then it dawned on me that I hadn't paid my balance.  I'd missed the window, and not helped anyone in the resale either.  I felt utterly depressed and stupid.

I was so relieved when I woke up. Yesterday when I got up I was in Tenerife with a fantastic sea view.  I didn't have post holiday blues this morning though.  I was so happy that it was a rainy morning in February and I hadn't forgotten to pay for my Glastonbury ticket.