Glastonbury Nightmares

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my only Glasto nightmare I ever had was fucking strange. I had a ticket too for the festival and was dead excited so I put it down to being hilariously stoned and talking about the impending festival before with my girlfriend and her dad, then promptly falling asleep on the sofa.

It was about 2010 which was the 2nd Glasto for me and I was dead excited being the 40th and all. I fell asleep and my other half presumably left me rather than wake me for bed as when I shot awake she wasn't there. Essentially, I dreamt that I was called up on stage my Muse and that when I got there Matt Bellamy gave me a hug and when I turned my back, he smashed me in the head with his guitar and I woke up bolt upright on my feet in a cold sweat wondering what the fuck hit me. Took me a good minute or so to snap back into reality and realise it was a dream.

I think 1994, my nightmare was not wanting to leave my tent due to the constant rain so I spent several hours instead hallucinating watching the tent stitching move round like marching Ants,  to be informed by a concerned mate that it wasn't in fact rain - it was static that I was hearing as I was camped in Pylon field.........     

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Last night I dreamt I was at the festival, The Courteeners were headlining and every time I walked somewhere they could teleport to where I was and start playing. Little stages popped up with them everwhere.

It was fucking shit. I have woken up coughing too.

Unfortunately it is not a nightmare, The Courteeners have invented a teleporting device, luckily negative energy means that it does not work south of the Watford Gap.

Edited by GMF

I can vaguely remember a Glastonbury nightmare I had recently: I got onto the site with a bunch of people only to realise I had forgotten my bag and tent. I walked a great distance in search of a new tent only to discover I had walked far too far and would require a plane in order to get back in. Upon my return to our camping spot, all space was gone. That was only a snippet of the entire thing; it didn't improve.

Played the Pyramid stage in 2010, and was really excited about it, so called a random up onstage, and greeted him  with a hug,then realised that he was wearing a Watford shirt ,so I whacked him over the back of his head with my guitar when his back was turned.

I hasten to add,that i'm not proud of my actions on that day ,and i'd like to apologise wholeheartedly to guitar makers Manson, for leaving a permanent dent in such a beautifully crafted instrument.

I saw thsi thread the other day and thought "I have never had any of them"

then last night I dreamt that we were all walking in to the festival (which was based in Manchester center for some reason) and all my friends got stopped and searched. I walked on and then turned and noticed they were all being searched. I thought they won't find anything all the contraband will be hidden so well theyw on;t look to deep. But then i saw them searching every item in their bags and they weren't allowed in. Then when i got to my camping spot it had been turned in to reserved camping. They would let me stay there but I had to hire a hammock.

very strange

11 hours ago, brandycoke said:

Played the Pyramid stage in 2010, and was really excited about it, so called a random up onstage, and greeted him  with a hug,then realised that he was wearing a Watford shirt ,so I whacked him over the back of his head with my guitar when his back was turned.

I hasten to add,that i'm not proud of my actions on that day ,and i'd like to apologise wholeheartedly to guitar makers Manson, for leaving a permanent dent in such a beautifully crafted instrument.

BASTARD

:P

I have had the same dream a few times.  Get to the festival (which is always is the middle of a massive forest), set up the tent then realise that I've left my rucksack with all my clothes at home.  Then I set off back to Manchester for my stuff but I have to catch trains and ferries to get there.  Weird as.  

On 21/12/2016 at 8:24 AM, wwinstanley said:

I keep having the nightmare where I look at the date and realise I have completely missed Glastonbury. I usually have to reassure myself when I wake up!

Yep I have similar quite often involving either completely missing it or being there and then it's over :( 

48 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

I've had quite a few dreams in which I'm at the campsite (which is actually the market stalls) with my friends but they are just laying about and I am trying urgently to get them to go see some bands.

In reality though they are usually pretty good.

I've had this one a few times too.

Nearer the time it usually turns to being denied entry for one of a multitude of reasons (lost ticket, wrong photo on ticket, bag search etc.)

I had a dream that New Order are going to play Heaton Park the day before Parklife, just like The Courteeners did this year.

Problem here is the fact I will be in Munich watching Depeche Mode on that night.

The nightmare part is the possibility that this may actually turn out to be true with the news that New Order have something special planned for Manchester next summer.

Choosing between the 2 is the worse possible scenario for me.

3 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

I had a dream where I didn't get Glastonbury tickets and had to go to v fest instead and pingu was headlining and instead of everyone saying 'Allan' etc they were all just shouting 'noot noot'

was such an odd dream :blink:

I take it you were not there when the Portugese Pelican visited Weston Park?

On 21 December 2016 at 8:28 AM, The60ftOctopus said:

Weirdly enough I had a Glasto nightmare last night too. Got searched on entrance to the festival and they wouldn't let me in.

I'd rather not be allowed in than see The Courteeners everywhere though.

You'd rather not be let in to Glastonbury than see the courteeners??? I really don't think that's true!!!

Does anyone else get weird, trippy dreams after they've been to Glasto? I guess it's down to the amount of beer I consume over the weekend and general lack of sleep.

Anyway the night after Glastonbury, I dreamt that I was awake and there were loads of colours and bright lights all around my room. Then a horrible looking mans face appeared and I woke up with a cold sweat. Couldn't get back to sleep after that.