Sign in to follow this  
lingle

Tom Petty

Not only a European festival exclusive, their only European show of 2017.  Would be amazing to see them at Glastonbury one day, doubt it'll ever happen though.  

Another legend gone 

Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Truly and utterly shit. A great singer, songwriter and musician, and one of the first artists to make a stand against the greed of record companies on behalf of the fans. Never saw him live, always hoped he'd turn up at the farm one day :(

BOLLOCKS!!!! 

I've always had a massive soft spot for him and looked every year for him on the line up. Gutted. 

Fuck it. 

I always assumed he'd play the Legend slot at some point soon.

such a shame. he was great. Damn The Torpedoes and Hard Promises were both absolute classics

never saw him live, passed up opportunities to with other stuff going on, etc... need to stop doing that with these older artists

One of my mid 90's Glastonbury memories as it played over the massive speakers in the Pyramid field before the main band came on, looking at all the happy people all around me "learning to fly", was a moment I'll never forget.

RIP MR TOM PETTY

life support removed due to brain death and no plan to resus. That's dead save for the odd heart beat. 

I only once went to the IoW Festival (a hateful event but don't let me get started on that again) and the one consolation was seeing an excellent set from Mr P.

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

One of my mid 90's Glastonbury memories as it played over the massive speakers in the Pyramid field before the main band came on, looking at all the happy people all around me "learning to fly", was a moment I'll never forget.

RIP MR TOM PETTY

coincidence...my memory is of this being played as i waited between The Specials and Neil Young

Ah fuck!!

one of my all time favourites 

lucky to have saw him once at the Shepherd’s Bush empire, one of the best shows I ever went to.

really gutted by this

RIP

Really sad news RIP

I never saw him live but I was in the same building whilst he was playing...

Many moons ago I went to see Nils Lofgren playing solo at the City Hall in Newcastle, as was my want I eschewed the support act in favour of a couple of pints in the bar downstairs. It wasn't until about a year ago chatting with a mate who had been at the same gig did I learn that Tom Petty was the support act. D'oh!

Nowadays I never miss a support act as the lure of beer has diminished over the intervening years.