Tom Petty

lingle

• 9 months later...

Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Truly and utterly shit. A great singer, songwriter and musician, and one of the first artists to make a stand against the greed of record companies on behalf of the fans. Never saw him live, always hoped he'd turn up at the farm one day :(

One of my mid 90's Glastonbury memories as it played over the massive speakers in the Pyramid field before the main band came on, looking at all the happy people all around me "learning to fly", was a moment I'll never forget.

RIP MR TOM PETTY

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

One of my mid 90's Glastonbury memories as it played over the massive speakers in the Pyramid field before the main band came on, looking at all the happy people all around me "learning to fly", was a moment I'll never forget.

RIP MR TOM PETTY

coincidence...my memory is of this being played as i waited between The Specials and Neil Young

Really sad news RIP

I never saw him live but I was in the same building whilst he was playing...

Many moons ago I went to see Nils Lofgren playing solo at the City Hall in Newcastle, as was my want I eschewed the support act in favour of a couple of pints in the bar downstairs. It wasn't until about a year ago chatting with a mate who had been at the same gig did I learn that Tom Petty was the support act. D'oh!

Nowadays I never miss a support act as the lure of beer has diminished over the intervening years.