Pendulum?

Muppetmark

There is a dj set from them at electric forest Glasto weekend so unless they are Friday and playing there Sunday and Glasto means loads to then I don't see it. They have made previous comments about Glasto. They are clearly only going to be about early on for around 2 weeks so I'd think their own date is more likely now early then a return for August. R&L or Cream I think have snapped them and I'd hazard a guess it's Cream, who I also think will get The Prodigy...it might be a lineup too strong to ignore next year.

• 1 month later...

Was their performance in 2011 really that bad and a genuine reason that led them to break up? Seemed like a bit of strange placement before the new Queen of pop.

Would like to see them again. The show would be great surely in a more Pendulum friendly field... subbing the Other Stage for example. Would be also great to see Knife Party there too

2 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Was their performance in 2011 really that bad and a genuine reason that led them to break up? Seemed like a bit of strange placement before the new Queen of pop.

Would like to see them again. The show would be great surely in a more Pendulum friendly field... subbing the Other Stage for example. Would be also great to see Knife Party there too

It wasn't good. Was a really odd slot for them to play. Just didn't seem right with the sun still out and most of the crowd were not interested, just waiting for Beyoncé 

6 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Didn't go that year so can't comment on how they were (not that I would've seen them anyway) but it's easy to forget just how big they were back then. I did think 'hmm' when I first saw their placement that year, but it also made total sense in that they were the most suitable sub for Beyonce on the lineup/the other sub acts were far more suitable for their respective headliners. 

8 minutes ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

If they played they'd almost definitely be a Other headliner this time 'round. Would make a good alternative to either Radiohead or Sheeran.

13 minutes ago, Twisted Melon said:

It wasn't good. Was a really odd slot for them to play. Just didn't seem right with the sun still out and most of the crowd were not interested, just waiting for Beyoncé 

I actually quite enjoyed the set, but agree it needed to be darker.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Didn't go that year so can't comment on how they were (not that I would've seen them anyway) but it's easy to forget just how big they were back then. I did think 'hmm' when I first saw their placement that year, but it also made total sense in that they were the most suitable sub for Beyonce on the lineup/the other sub acts were far more suitable for their respective headliners. 

If they played they'd almost definitely be a Other headliner this time 'round. Would make a good alternative to either Radiohead or Sheeran.

If The Prodigy aren't there then I'd defo take these. I still think it would be opposite RH, but a little less chance.

1 hour ago, Cornelius_Fudge said:

Can't see Example headlining Other. :lol:

Saw them three times 2011. Sub at Glasto then headlining Global Gathering & Bestival. Glastonbury was by far the worst I've seen them out of their 7-8 gigs I've been to whereas they were brilliant at the the other two fests.

I'd love them back doing a live set.

Edited by Bisque

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Pendulum's Master of Puppets / Slam needs to be brought to Glastonbury, opposite Ed is the ideal.

That would be the worst clash since Coldplay vs The Chemical Brothers for me.

Have them opposite Radiohead would be more of a contrast/crowd split (& make me happy).