dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

looks like it will be three full days line up

Nope.

I've just asked the main PR for Jacks (rather than the PR of one of the festivals), who tells me...

"All bands will be appearing at each of the festivals, spread out across the days. So they won't be playing every day, just one set on one day."

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Nope.

I've just asked the main PR for Jacks (rather than the PR of one of the festivals), who tells me...

"All bands will be appearing at each of the festivals, spread out across the days. So they won't be playing every day, just one set on one day."

Sorry, what I mean is surely with that tweet by TRNSMT there is going to be three full days of acts at the festival, with more names to come, NOT that those seven bands will be playing all three days. 

Edited by alexlloyd

10 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Sorry, what I mean is surely with that tweet by TRNSMT there is going to be three full days of acts at the festival, with more names to come, NOT that those seven bands will be playing all three days. 

The quote we've had from the guy at Jacks talks about the 'Jack Rocks 7', which appears to be how it's branded - so i'm pretty sure it's just the 7 bands.

4 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Ahhhh good old DF - keeping us in the dark righhhhhht up until the event happens.

nah, it's JDs who are running this, i'm pretty sure.

TRNSMT, like the other fests its going to, obviously felt the wonga or deal on offer from JDs was too good to turn away.

From a festie's point of view, what's not to like, really? It's free bands.

Edited by eFestivals

This Feeling who seem to run the Jacks Rocks stage have said there are more to come when talking about the Jack Rocks stage. Was a full 3 days at all the festivals they done last year (inc IOW which they are at again) so will be the same amount of acts again I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I gathered that those 7 would be at all the festivals and the rest of the lineup would differ between fests.

This was the lineup for Leeds last year so a sample of what you can expect, but with more Scottish bands I imagine:

Cqkb0AeVIAAd5yi.jpg:large

I know Baby Strange, Foggy City Orphan and Medicine Men are Glasgow bands so you could probably expect them to play. 

9 hours ago, MinionDave said:

yea it could be, but you'd need to be aff yur heid to pay £60 a day plus drink money to sit in a pub and listed to a DJ.

Could be that they have it, but playing a different style of music that fits in with the event.

ta, D

Hope not CC is absalute quality from the sounds to crowd.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Thanks Neil, entered. Have any days sold out yet? I'm guessing tickets aren't going that well.

i've no idea about TRNSMT specifically.

I am getting the impression that there's some worries around about slow sales - particularly with overseas fests (which have been hit by the slump in the pound, I guess) - tho my take on this is that festies are moving into a "decide last minute" phase again to some degree (which they went thru about a decade ago for a year or two).

23 minutes ago, Calinho said:

Anyone sussed out why the 1975 are special guests? Longer set?

Nah. I would agree with those that pointed out their considerably bigger size compared to the other subs and it was just a thing in them agreeing to play a non-headline slot at this stage.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

http:///s/trnsmt2017/

I made a clashfinder for this but if anyone has a better idea on times, particularly for the King Tut's stage then feel free to edit it as it's pure guesswork at the moment.

The Vryll Society have said on Facebook that they're on at 9.30, however, I'm unsure if this'll be correct considering they're 5th down on the lineup poster.

• 2 weeks later...