TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

20 hours ago, Lor1 said:

Or maybe it's because kasabian are headlining a band that is a cracking festival headliner

Im not denying kasabian are great. I've seen them 3 times and ill look to see them on this tour. Just saying at most festival's saturday day tickets are the easiest to sell because more people have both saturday and sunday off so can travel and recover 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/02/2017 at 2:37 PM, sledge450 said:

The Pixies are headlining Bluedot that weekend so in the country. Surprised if that's just a one off gig, as it hasn't been announced as an exclusive.

My guess is they are second or third on the Radiohead day. 

Pixies would've been fun but they're at Bluedot on the Friday. 

51 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

That's a shame as I couldn't see them going down well on the Saturday although I'd love it if they were the second stage headliner against Kasabian.  

From what Ellis said the second stage is based on up and coming bands that would play at king tuts size venue.  I'd guess the bands on that stage won't be household names.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

From what Ellis said the second stage is based on up and coming bands that would play at king tuts size venue.  I'd guess the bands on that stage won't be household names.

Did he mean King Tuts the tent (that Pixies played) or the venue? I don't feel like there'd be much point in the latter.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did he mean King Tuts the tent (that Pixies played) or the venue? I don't feel like there'd be much point in the latter.

I took it to be the venue. He spoke about bands who've played at the venue now headlining the 3 days. 

12 hours ago, Red Day said:

This is my take on it. The Green`s not that big and I think we will be looking at one stage in a corner near the Glasshouse where the Roses stage was with a small tent ( smaller than the Tut`s tent at T ) in the opposite corner.

Was it the Transmission tent at T in the past ? I`d guess something that size with some new acts who will be used to supplement the BBC tv coverage. Probably with a studio ( up a tree ) with some interviews and maybe acoustic action.

Hopefully !!!!!! They won`t use any of the space they have on the Green for daft, noisy waltzer type rides <_<

Whole site circled by bars and burger stalls to collect our dough and not enough toilets.

Hard to predict really - there's no history to go on, as such. There's the theory that a couple of 'special guest' subs could slot in but I don't see The Vaccines being given that much esteem.

Completely forgot about it but what happened to Tom Chaplin and the Imagine Dragons? @DomDom1984 Was Mr. Keane talking out of his harris?

a wee bit more info on this that is out there...

Planning application, only the first page so far but gives times (Fri 12:00 to 00:00, Sat Sun 12:00 to 23:00), this will be the "we can open to the public" times so stage/music curfew 15~30 mins before this.  and that there will be a big wheel, yeh (in a very sarcastic way).
http://caltoncommunitycouncil.org.uk/events/glasgow-green-3-day-event-7-to-9-july-2017-licence-application/

Also just some general chatter from local MP on this
http://caltoncommunitycouncil.org.uk/events/tpel-trnsmt-festival-glasgow-green-3-day-event-7-to-9-july-2017-consultation/

ta, D

@soundgarden45 Don't be! It's definitely a different experience, but you'll still have a great time. The fact it's not a camping festival will help, too; you can essentially treat the day(s) as a long, outdoor gig.

I saw Radiohead in Berlin last year at Lollapalooza, which is a simlar, city-based festival. They are absolutely worth it... Which is why I've booked a lone Friday ticket to TRNSMT, too.

How many acts are they realistically going to put on the stage each day? Sure in an interview Geoff Ellis stated music would start at 2 on the Friday, though I see it has a later finishing time, and 12 for the Saturday and Sunday. If you take TITP main stage as a rough guide we are talking 8/9 acts per day.

For the Friday I'd say it'll be something like;

14:00 - 14:45 - 1st act TBC

15:05 - 15:50 - 2nd act TBC

16:10 - 16:55 - Rag'n'Bone Man

17:15 - 18:15 - London Grammar

18:35 - 19:35 - Belle & Sebastian

19:55 - 20:55 - 3 act TBC

21:15 - 23:00 - Radiohead