TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Are we fairly sure that Belle & Sebastian are subbing Radiohead? Or is it possible that they would be 3rd down?

I think a sub will be added that day purely based on The 1975 being listed as special guests and neither Friday or Saturday have anyone listed as that.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think a sub will be added that day purely based on The 1975 being listed as special guests and neither Friday or Saturday have anyone listed as that.

A special guest isn't used for every sub though, I think RH will have one but not so sure Kasabian day will add, Catfish are perfect below them.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's 50,000 I believe.

yup will be, 50k for the radio 1 big weekend, and the same for the Stone Roses gigs a couple of years back.  If they are going for just the one main stage that's about the limit of how many you can fit in safely.

Although for the fireworks I've seen an estimated 80k in the park, but then you don't have to be looking at a stage, just looking up.

Ta, D

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A special guest isn't used for every sub though, I think RH will have one but not so sure Kasabian day will add, Catfish are perfect below them.

That's kingrawlers point, it means the 1975 probably aren't subbing otherwise they'd be on the lineup similarly to Catfish (who I agree aren't going to be any lower than subbing). This suggests there is still another act yet to be announced who are going to be subbing on the Sunday and the 1975 are doing something else in the role of 'Special Guest'. Biffy is probably the weakest headliner too so I'd imagine they'd wanna add something to that day (although maybe they are just relying on the fact they are scottish to carry that day?)

28 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

That's kingrawlers point, it means the 1975 probably aren't subbing otherwise they'd be on the lineup similarly to Catfish (who I agree aren't going to be any lower than subbing). This suggests there is still another act yet to be announced who are going to be subbing on the Sunday and the 1975 are doing something else in the role of 'Special Guest'. Biffy is probably the weakest headliner too so I'd imagine they'd wanna add something to that day (although maybe they are just relying on the fact they are scottish to carry that day?)

I'm pretty sure Kingcrawler means the opposite: The 1975 are the only act mentioned as "special guests" so that is the tag for a subheadliner. Belle & Sebastian and Catfish & The Bottlemen do not have the "special guests" tag so perhaps there is an act to slot above each as a "special guest".

1 minute ago, harryomatic said:

I'm pretty sure Kingcrawler means the opposite: The 1975 are the only act mentioned as "special guests" so that is the tag for a subheadliner. Belle & Sebastian and Catfish & The Bottlemen do not have the "special guests" tag so perhaps there is an act to slot above each as a "special guest".

Yeah I meant this. I could easily see Catfish subbing but not sure why they'd list The 1975 as special guests but not Catfish? I get that The 1975 are a bigger deal but would be a strange thing to do if they're both playing the same position. As Calinho says Courteeners or maybe Stereophonics would both be solid choices for a sub on Kasabian's day and we know how much DF like to book them. I think someone will definitely be added in above Belle & Sebastian though, ideally Foals like the Daily Record suggested. 

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I meant this. I could easily see Catfish subbing but not sure why they'd list The 1975 as special guests but not Catfish? I get that The 1975 are a bigger deal but would be a strange thing to do if they're both playing the same position. As Calinho says Courteeners or maybe Stereophonics would both be solid choices for a sub on Kasabian's day and we know how much DF like to book them. I think someone will definitely be added in above Belle & Sebastian though, ideally Foals like the Daily Record suggested. 

I think it's probably just that being that The 1975 are a bigger deal on top of the fact that Biffy are Scottish, don't there is a chance of them doing 3rd...but then I'm also surprised Biffy are doing another big outdoor show like this after GSS last year.

I like Kasabian, but everything announced below them is my idea of hell. Courteeners added to that would make it even worse. Not that I'm going this year like. I would have definitely considered Radiohead if possible, but don't think I can. I am just seeing these as Radiohead, Kasabian and Biffy gigs, since they're so reasonably priced though, with everything underneath a bonus. I hope its a success, and they don't start getting too greedy. 

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think it's probably just that being that The 1975 are a bigger deal on top of the fact that Biffy are Scottish, don't there is a chance of them doing 3rd...but then I'm also surprised Biffy are doing another big outdoor show like this after GSS last year.

Are the 1975 that much bigger than Catfish? I would have expected them to put someone extra on that day if anything.

Friday - Radiohead are massive which makes up for the fact I have no clue who the sub is

Saturday - Kasabian is pretty big and Catfish is very well known too

Sunday - I know biffy are scottish, but they're not as big anymore (only coheadlined r+l last year). The 1975 are pretty big too (similar to Catfish imo)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Are the 1975 that much bigger than Catfish? I would have expected them to put someone extra on that day if anything.

Friday - Radiohead are massive which makes up for the fact I have no clue who the sub is

Saturday - Kasabian is pretty big and Catfish is very well known too

Sunday - I know biffy are scottish, but they're not as big anymore (only coheadlined r+l last year). The 1975 are pretty big too (similar to Catfish imo)

I actually think they are bigger than Catfish and like Catfish so have a reason to defend against that, while I don't care for the 1975. 

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually think they are bigger than Catfish and like Catfish so have a reason to defend against that, while I don't care for the 1975. 

IF anything, in this situation I think they are less popular (As in, the people attending the festival probably prefer Catfish. The crowd for them last year at R+L was mostly screaming females teens or people who didn't wanna watch Biffy)

On 03/02/2017 at 9:22 AM, hamishrankin said:

Does anyone know what the capacity of Glasgow Green was at the Big Weekend. It'll no doubt be similar for TRNSMT?

There was 12,500 pairs of tickets available for the Saturday and Sunday at big weekend in 2014. So 25k per day. 

56 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Saturday day tickets now sold out as well, surprisingly it looks like Friday tickets will be the last to go.  

Still tickets for every day available on ticketmaster. Can't see this festival selling out