TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

On 6/5/2017 at 2:12 PM, MinionDave said:

cartoon map is out at last:
http://trnsmtfest.com/explore/cartoon-map

It's one big main stage that you could get the full 50k into, the King Tuts stage (not a tent) could hold quite a few thousands in that area.  Basically very similar to the Radio 1 Big Weekend layout (without the big tent near saltmarket side).

Some smaller areas (likely tents) that will have DJs and live music, think of them more like large pubs or the BBC/Introducing/cabaret tents from TitP.

4 weeks to go now. Tickets still available for all days. Looking forward to Kasabian as not managed to see 'em live before - just hope i get the time/chance to enjoy them....

ta, D

That's got me pretty excited now. Bring on the cocktails and street food.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, tori1607 said:

Doors open at 12.30 on Sat and Sun so do you think the first act will be on around 1? It says curfew is 11, do you think i will manage to make it back to queen street for the 11.30 train? or should i leave a bit before the end. 

Queen street better not be running buses this weekend. 

Curfew is the point where there must be no music or other noise, or public entertainment going on. so likely must stops 10:45/50 and a few mins for any fireworks if they are having them (very likely).

Getting from site to Queen Street in 30 mins is do-able normally, but will be tight as could be a few 10's of thousands heading into the city for bus/train/hotels/further partying.

Depending on where you are heading i'd say bus could be a better option as they will run a bit later, or taxi-share (but pre-book it).

ta, D

On 08/06/2017 at 9:12 AM, MinionDave said:

Curfew is the point where there must be no music or other noise, or public entertainment going on. so likely must stops 10:45/50 and a few mins for any fireworks if they are having them (very likely).

Getting from site to Queen Street in 30 mins is do-able normally, but will be tight as could be a few 10's of thousands heading into the city for bus/train/hotels/further partying.

Depending on where you are heading i'd say bus could be a better option as they will run a bit later, or taxi-share (but pre-book it).

ta, D

Was there talk of a different curfew on the Friday or did i make that up ?

I probably need to be heading out the park by 11pm on Friday to catch the train.

2 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Cheers. Will need to be near the back for encore and sharp exit !

Looks like 11.45 will be my cut off point as there is a later train on Fridays.

Wouldn't surprise me if they still ended the live music at 11pm though but kept bars on site and entertainment elsewhere going until 11:55pm.

16 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Turns out I won the efestivals tickets for TRNSMT... Happy af! :D Only issue now is I have two saturday/sunday tickets to sell - anyone got any advice on whether to use stubhub/ticket trader/twickets or just attempt to sell to someone on here?

Congrats. I'd use Scarlet Mist or Twickets.

On 6/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, Stuart1000 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they still ended the live music at 11pm though but kept bars on site and entertainment elsewhere going until 11:55pm.

I reckon the bars will close up before the headliner finishes, maybe 30-15mins before. Once the headliner is finished they will want everyone out the park as quick as they can.

9 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I reckon the bars will close up before the headliner finishes, maybe 30-15mins before. Once the headliner is finished they will want everyone out the park as quick as they can.

With the residents so close by, I'll be amazed if Radiohead are still blasting out from the main stage at 11.55pm Friday night.

I'll guess Belle and Sebastian off by 8.30pm and Radiohead 9-11.

Bit weird, but might help someone out......

I have a room booked at St Enoch Hotel -more like a hostel - for the Saturday night. It sleeps 4, but I only need one bed. I've seen a couple people looking for somewhere to stay, so if you don't mind sharing, let me know and we can try figure something out. It's about 15 minutes walk from GG, I'm paying £80, looking for £20 if anyone is interested. 

=]

6 hours ago, tori1607 said:

Anyone else's tickets arrived? Mines arrived today and they are basically e-tickets. 2 tickets on a single bit of paper which is weird. I wanted physical tickets hence why I didn't order e-tickets. 

Got mine last week and they're exactly same as your ones

8 hours ago, tori1607 said:

Anyone else's tickets arrived? Mines arrived today and they are basically e-tickets. 2 tickets on a single bit of paper which is weird. I wanted physical tickets hence why I didn't order e-tickets. 

Aye. Noticeably cheap shite piece of paper. If it's raining they'll dissolve lol

Obviously it won't be raining:-)

16 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Aye. Noticeably cheap shite piece of paper. If it's raining they'll dissolve lol

Obviously it won't be raining:-)

Was thinking that myself, they get soaked and they are ruined. 

Hopefully you swap them for a band at the gate. Wishful thinking though as that would involve them spending more money on wristbands which i cant see after the shitey tickets they've sent out. 

11 hours ago, tori1607 said:

Was thinking that myself, they get soaked and they are ruined. 

Hopefully you swap them for a band at the gate. Wishful thinking though as that would involve them spending more money on wristbands which i cant see after the shitey tickets they've sent out. 

I'd hope they will be swapping them out for wristbands. They can't expect us to keep 1 ticket for 2 days and not lose/damage the ticket, especially when the quality is so poor.

Edited by pl187

13 hours ago, ncoll1 said:

Any guesses as to what time superfood might finish on the sunday? Might buy a sunday ticket just for them but 4 bands I like are clashing...

I went to Y Not Festival last year and they had a Jacks Rocks tent, going by the timings for that headlining act was on 10 till 11 but will all depend on curfews.