For the Friday I'd say it'll be something like;

14:00 - 14:45 - 1st act TBC

15:05 - 15:50 - 2nd act TBC

16:10 - 16:55 - Rag'n'Bone Man

17:15 - 18:15 - London Grammar

18:35 - 19:35 - Belle & Sebastian

19:55 - 20:55 - 3 act TBC

21:15 - 23:00 - Radiohead

I've moaned about DF in the past but if its anything close to that (and I actually think Radiohead will play for longer) it's pretty amazing value for £65

Edited by addicted2noise

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I've moaned about DF in the past but if its anything close to that (and I actually think Radiohead will play for longer) that's pretty amazing value for £65

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but given the opening/closing times it definitely feels like there needs to be a minimum 6 acts, even if they breaks between are closed to 30 minutes. 

19 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but given the opening/closing times it definitely feels like there needs to be a minimum 6 acts, even if they breaks between are closed to 30 minutes. 

The Friday night has a 12am curfew so Radiohead could play a longer set or possibly another act added or extended sets for the undercard. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'd assumed belle and Sebastian would sub but it was purely guess work ?

15 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

I'd assumed belle and Sebastian would sub but it was purely guess work ?

They might do, I'm working on the aforementioned basis from earlier in the thread that the 'special guest' status afforded to the 1975 means they're sub. As B&S and Catfish aren't listed the same way it could mean there's another couple of decent size acts to be added as Friday/Saturday subs in the next announcement. 

34 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They might do, I'm working on the aforementioned basis from earlier in the thread that the 'special guest' status afforded to the 1975 means they're sub. As B&S and Catfish aren't listed the same way it could mean there's another couple of decent size acts to be added as Friday/Saturday subs in the next announcement. 

Hope you're right mate. I'm happy enough with Friday as is but another act would be a nice bonus. 

I think b&s would be a perfect sub though if that's how it turns out.

6 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I've moaned about DF in the past but if its anything close to that (and I actually think Radiohead will play for longer) it's pretty amazing value for £65

I don't think Radiohead played any shows shorter than 2 hours last year :) & their Manchester shows were £70+ for standing tix, so this is good value indeed

15 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Especially considering how much RNB Man is taking off, yeah this is good value even if there's no sub to be added

14 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think The 1975 were classed as 'Special Guests' because they're arguably of equal billing to Biffy these days. They're doing some big outdoor gigs elsewhere in the UK and sold out 2 nights at The Hydro in December (Biffy couldn't sell out 1). I imagine they'll be performing a full set with stage setup etc, hence the Special Guest billing. It's essentially saying they're co-headlining but without bruising Biffy's ego.

I doubt you'll get any other 'Special Guests' announced.

Thinking about the timings hopefully they take a leaf out of Electric Fields book and when a band finishes on the main stage they schedule for a band to play on the 2nd stage. Worked well last year at Electric Fields until about 6/7ish then the clashes started from what I remember.

On 24/02/2017 at 3:07 PM, Cocky19 said:

Thinking about the timings hopefully they take a leaf out of Electric Fields book and when a band finishes on the main stage they schedule for a band to play on the 2nd stage. Worked well last year at Electric Fields until about 6/7ish then the clashes started from what I remember.

erm...  what they plan is that when one band finishes their set, another band of a similar type will start on another stage, but this is nothing to do with getting you (the wonderful, already paid a load for tickets, and oh so cared about punter) to the other stage.  Just think how many bars, food outlets and merch stalls you will pass on the way, all just waiting to take a few more £££'s from you.

Also almost no change of doing a stage changeover in 20 mins for the larger bands, it'll be at least 30 mins, and there are a lot of reasons for it to take this long apart from the above.

ta, D

49 minutes ago, standfree92 said:

Interesting in regards to the future of festivals in Scotland 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/t-park-return-18s-festival/

Hmmm, because that couple of extra months in age will make all the difference? I'm not so sure.

I suspect this article is more of a spoiler than truth, to try and stop other camping fests setting up and eating into the same rather-limited audience.

3 hours ago, standfree92 said:

Interesting in regards to the future of festivals in Scotland 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/t-park-return-18s-festival/

Kind of a shame they're dialing down on the EDM. Personally I love a bit of variety in genres and styles of music in the acts I go to see at a festival. Love the no under 18s policy though, that should help a ton.

6 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Stormzy added to the Saturday 

Suprisingly he's under The Kooks and George Ezra? Would have expected him to be under Catfish given the success of his album

Was thinking The View may be a decent shout for a King Tuts headliner one night - probably Friday or Sunday? Just with them being on tour this summer, having just played 6 gigs at King Tuts venue and previously posting on their twitter about the festival despite not having being announced as playing...  And Geoff Ellis's love of them!

Edited by mazza7

On 2/28/2017 at 6:54 PM, mazza7 said:

Was thinking The View may be a decent shout for a King Tuts headliner one night - probably Friday or Sunday? Just with them being on tour this summer, having just played 6 gigs at King Tuts venue and previously posting on their twitter about the festival despite not having being announced as playing...  And Geoff Ellis's love of them!

well why dont you look at that

On 2/28/2017 at 7:17 PM, addicted2noise said:

It's funny timing to start promoting next year already

if that's what it was, you'd have a point.

If Geoff's words were driven by a journo's questions then they're perhaps straight-up answers, but i suspect they're mostly aimed at stopping or destabalising any events that might spring up in T's place, to help support TRNSMT &/or create a better ground for T to return into without as much competition as it might otherwise get.

Those in his position always tend to have a very-thought-thru purpose to what they say.