TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Calvin Harris won't happen. Neither will Chemical Brothers for that matter.

I'd guess that if you want EDM, you might want to go elsewhere.

I wouldn't rule out Guetta as a secone stage headliner as he seems to be playing  a few fests this summer. 

£160 for the three days, around the same as going to three large gigs in the Hydro for the usual festival-type bands, Hydro tickets are £40~60 usually.  Get to see 8+ hours of music a day, think that's OK value.

Will be interesting to see that if it works and works well overall, would this be the direction that more festivals will head towards, city location, no camping but lots of hotels, less costs to run the event (no camping so no security, space, barriers, ect... to pay for).  R&L not similar to this ?? (never been to it)

ta, D

1 minute ago, mazza7 said:

I wouldn't rule out Guetta as a secone stage headliner as he seems to be playing  a few fests this summer. 

That would attract the bangers that there trying to avoid.

Same goes for a slam tent,hopefully the Streetrave boys are involved in some way for a older crowd.

Friday

main stage
Radiohead
Royal Blood
Catfish & The Bottlemen
Blossoms
Gerry Cinnamon

2nd stage
The 1975
The Lumineers
Idlewild
Fleet Foxes
Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

main stage
Foo Fighters
Stereophonics
Iggy Pop
Twin Atlantic
Wolf Alice
Fatherson
Prides

2nd stage
The XX
Kaiser Chiefs
Warpaint
Circa Waves
The Twilight Sad
The Sherlocks
Cabbage

Sunday

main stage
Biffy Clyro
Imagine Dragons
Primal Scream
Brian Wilson
White Lies
Tom Chaplin
The Coral

2nd stage
Justice
Manic Street Preachers
Phoenix
Belle & Sebastian
Maximo Park
Stevie McCrorie
Deap Vally

Would do me very nicely for the 2 big stages. Really, really hope there is some reincarnation of the T Break to support small Scottish acts.

I just don't understand why you'd be appalled. It's something that has no bearing on anything whatsoever. People will buy tickets or they won't. It's not expectation or arrogance. They'll be testing the waters for interest in this at this stage, with what people already know. Remember this is new ground for DF. They'd be stupid not to test the water in any way they can going into it.

3 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Friday

main stage
Radiohead
Royal Blood
Catfish & The Bottlemen
Blossoms
Gerry Cinnamon

2nd stage
The 1975
The Lumineers
Idlewild
Fleet Foxes
Nothing But Thieves

Saturday

main stage
Foo Fighters
Stereophonics
Iggy Pop
Twin Atlantic
Wolf Alice
Fatherson
Prides

2nd stage
The XX
Kaiser Chiefs
Warpaint
Circa Waves
The Twilight Sad
The Sherlocks
Cabbage

Sunday

main stage
Biffy Clyro
Imagine Dragons
Primal Scream
Brian Wilson
White Lies
Tom Chaplin
The Coral

2nd stage
Justice
Manic Street Preachers
Phoenix
Belle & Sebastian
Maximo Park
Stevie McCrorie
Deap Vally

Would do me very nicely for the 2 big stages. Really, really hope there is some reincarnation of the T Break to support small Scottish acts.

That would be fab. My feeling is it will be more like a Summer Sessions type festival......1 stage with 4-5 bands each day. I hope I'm wrong!

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

btw, my unchecked-out punt for who'll be headlining is Kings of Leon.

don't see why not, go down well here and they have said they like the Scottish crowd (although probably say that everywhere!).  Playing the Hydro on 27th Feb and only a few tickets left for it.

Anyways info will get out tonight around 6 or tomorrow morning 8am i think.

ta, D

2 minutes ago, calise said:

That would be fab. My feeling is it will be more like a Summer Sessions type festival......1 stage with 4-5 bands each day. I hope I'm wrong!

there's definitely the space (as proved by R1 Big Weekend) to have a big outdoor stage, a big tent, and a small tent. I think for the prices people mentioned above, I'd be expecting more than one stage.

23 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I just don't understand why you'd be appalled. It's something that has no bearing on anything whatsoever. People will buy tickets or they won't. It's not expectation or arrogance. They'll be testing the waters for interest in this at this stage, with what people already know. Remember this is new ground for DF. They'd be stupid not to test the water in any way they can going into it.

I know a good few people that have booked hotels in Glasgow on the back of the daily record/sun articles which suggested that Kasabian would headline the Saturday with Liam Gallagher supporting.  We now know that isn't happening but there's going to a lot of unhappy people who will feel duped when they buy tickets unless the headliners are confirmed tonight

3 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

I know a good few people that have booked hotels in Glasgow on the back of the daily record/sun articles which suggested that Kasabian would headline the Saturday with Liam Gallagher supporting.  We now know that isn't happening but there's going to a lot of unhappy people who will feel duped when they buy tickets unless the headliners are confirmed tonight

That's down to the newspapers clearly not knowing what they're talking about. If they have an issue, they should take it up with them. I got my hotel based on the sort of acts DF book outside of EDM and pop acts, and I have no doubt I'll be happy enough with the lineup.