TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

I'm disappointed he's not playing (seems I'm the only one here!) but think it's pretty good of him to announce that in advance so his fans don't buy tickets on the basis they've heard he's playing.

On a different note, I hope they announce the line up pretty soon as I want to see the line up for this before deciding whether to travel to Kendal Calling or not.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

I'm disappointed he's not playing (seems I'm the only one here!) but think it's pretty good of him to announce that in advance so his fans don't buy tickets on the basis they've heard he's playing.

On a different note, I hope they announce the line up pretty soon as I want to see the line up for this before deciding whether to travel to Kendal Calling or not.

That Kendal Calling has a really good line up considering the cost of tickets

9 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

Looks that way

Hopefully posters on here who have suggested Paulo Nutini and killers are just as wrong.

The Killers will be wrong. I genuinely have no idea where folk are getting the Nutini idea from. Didn't appear to be any further forward on new stuff when he was talked to about the New Year show in Edinburgh.

Biffy Clyro might be a good shout though, and from Kendal, I can definitely see Phonics, who are DF favourites.

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The Killers will be wrong. I genuinely have no idea where folk are getting the Nutini idea from. Didn't appear to be any further forward on new stuff when he was talked to about the New Year show in Edinburgh.

Biffy Clyro might be a good shout though, and from Kendal, I can definitely see Phonics, who are DF favourites.

What makes you think The Killers will be wrong? I thought DF would defo go for them considering how popular they are up here 

If everyone's predictions are coming from the same paper that had Liam on the front page, then it would seem they know nowt. Really don't understand people asking for the likes of Stereophonics and Biffy though, unless you were happy with the what TITP was churning out in the latter years. 

9 hours ago, Alan_C said:

If everyone's predictions are coming from the same paper that had Liam on the front page, then it would seem they know nowt. Really don't understand people asking for the likes of Stereophonics and Biffy though, unless you were happy with the what TITP was churning out in the latter years. 

I didn't ask for it. I said I'm expected it. DF always book them for T and they'd fall into the type of band they're booking. There's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

As for the "being Scottish" aspect of Biffy that someone brought up, that's another thing DF seem to like, so it'd be a decent bet. I think they're in.

Ruled The Killers out because they're exclusive to T. Franz Ferdinand a Scottish exclusive elsewhere.

Worth noting that I didn't mind a lot of the guitar acts T were booking, although last time I seen Phonics at T was in 2013 and they were rancid. By all accounts, they were much better at Strathallan when they did it the next time. And with the likely lack of dance and pop acts, we'll see at least SOME different acts in there to fill out the stages.

9 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I didn't ask for it. I said I'm expected it. DF always book them for T and they'd fall into the type of band they're booking. There's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

As for the "being Scottish" aspect of Biffy that someone brought up, that's another thing DF seem to like, so it'd be a decent bet. I think they're in.

Ruled The Killers out because they're exclusive to T. Franz Ferdinand a Scottish exclusive elsewhere.

Fair enough, but if Radiohead are booked, then maybe they might be going a different direction. You could be right, and it might just turn into TITP2, without the EDM. Radiohead would seem like an odd booking though, if they're sticking to the same type of acts. 

1 hour ago, tori1607 said:

Hoping to hear something line up wise soon - last week in Feb at the latest. That was roughly when they dropped the T lineup. 

Definitely. Would think next week or one after, really, but certainly in February. Rolling out a new festival - possibly with a risky change in direction - any later than that wouldn't be too wise.