TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

Nothing confirmed yet, however if you think/look back at the TitP music comments and then look at the bands/names listed here over the last day....

TitP - lots of moans re pop acts where it's a singer with dancers or a DJ, aimed at a 14~18yo audience

Trans - all are BANDS, with singers, guitarists, drummers, keyboards, etc... and been together for quite a few years, def not aimed at the 14~18yo crowd

We'll still see some DJ's but i think it'll be along the likes of Duke Dumont or simply party DJs like Guilty Pleasures

Another thing to think about as people have posted is that if you are on here you are likely to go to a fair few gigs/festivals (last year i was not at many, but 2015 would have been well over 100 large gigs), so are likely to have seen a lot of the bigger UK bands over the last few years, but how many that will attend this don't go to gigs reguarly or come on here ?

Ta, D

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, sevillian03 said:

Not Brian Wilson. I seen him last summer at a Pitchfork in Chicago. He was embarrassingly bad. 

I wouldn`t rule him out. Just been announced for Kendal at the end of July where they are billing it as him performing his tour in the UK for the last time. 

1 minute ago, standfree92 said:

Radiohead is a big coup for them to get. However Kasabian and Biffy would be a bit meh just cause they always seems to headline

if this works does anyone else think they will go ahead with this rather than titp?

Yip. Especially if the story that the BBC are coming with them on this 3 day thing is true. As long as no shit goes down in the city centre like some of the madness happening in the T campsites then there is money to be made for the Council and everyone`s a winner.

I agree about Kasabian and Biffy. Thought they might have given Arcade Fire a nod especially when the Cure were rumoured ( what happened to that ).

Radiohead, The Cure, Arcade Fire - that would have been a proper move away from TITP.

Wouldn't mind something like this:

SUNDAY

Radiohead
Stereophonics
Pixies
Seasick Steve

2nd stage (maybe a big tent like Tuts)

Twin Atlantic
Mogwai
Editors
---

SATURDAY
Foo Fighters
Royal Blood
Iggy Pop
Liam Gallagher

The XX
Manic Street Preachers
Blossoms
---

SUNDAY
Biffy Clyro
Imagine Dragons
Keane
Idlewild

Chemical brothers
Phoenix
The View

23 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Record also saying it's

Friday - Radiohead

Saturday - Kasabian

Sunday - Biffy

Wouldn't normally place much stock in anything the Record says but it's got a pretty cosy relationship with DF so I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. That would be pretty disappointing.

That will do me fine started to shit myself when I seen the killers getting mentioned.

No idea of the veracity of this but just been told by someone claiming to be 'in the know' that Radiohead, Kasabian and Biffy are indeed the three with Liam and the 1975 also signed up. 

Might just be someone taking a punt based on what they've read in the papers. 

Just seems strange that R&L have Kasabian on their poster as a UK festival exclusive. Other than Radiohead I'd be givung the sat and Sunday a miss. Same old headliners as T and the stale line ups at T was one of the reasons people had stopped going.  

27 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Just seems strange that R&L have Kasabian on their poster as a UK festival exclusive. Other than Radiohead I'd be givung the sat and Sunday a miss. Same old headliners as T and the stale line ups at T was one of the reasons people had stopped going.  

Kinda know where your coming from but it's what we're all after is it not?rock and indie bands no fucktard Dj's.

Kasbian are top drawer live,al be very happy if they get announced.

16 minutes ago, Lor1 said:

Kinda know where your coming from but it's what we're all after is it not?rock and indie bands no fucktard Dj's.

Kasbian are top drawer live,al be very happy if they get announced.

I just don't get the popularity of Kasabian but it would be a dull world if we all liked the same stuff.