TRNSMT Festival 2017

dentalplan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Tom Chaplin told me Keane are third down on main on  the Sunday. Tried to draw him on others and he wasn't having it.

Did he say he was doing it or Keane were doing it. Don't think Keane have been a thing for a while so that would be quite big news whereas he had a solo album out last year which is much more likely imo

I'm pretty sure The Killers were 'UK festival exclusives' when they played V festival in 2014 but also played Glasgow Summer Sessions and an outdoor gig in Belfast too. 

There's no chance they'll only appear at BST in the UK this summer when their new album is due out about then.  There'll be at least one more show in Scotland/England/Wales and one in the north or Republic of Ireland.  With an arena tour to follow later in the year/early 2018.

The Cure would be a great headliner but would they sell out a big outdoor gig in Glasgow? There would need to be a strong support act IMO

Edited by mazza7

Also, if The Killers are indeed a headliner, the choice of support acts will be interesting. It looks like elbow and Keane (or just Tom himself) will play and to me that suggests they are aiming for an older demographic; should we end up with the courteeners or CatB that would indicate they are looking for the typical TITP demographic of the last few years. 

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

If what DomDom says about Imagine Dragons subbing on the Sunday is true then I could see Elbow being on before Radiohead. 

Elbow subbing Radiohead is probably a nightmare for some. Personally I'd love that

Edited by Red Day

2 hours ago, johnl said:

Did he say he was doing it or Keane were doing it. Don't think Keane have been a thing for a while so that would be quite big news whereas he had a solo album out last year which is much more likely imo

Yeah be weird if Keane were suddenly reuniting just after Tom finally got his act together to release solo stuff. And he has tour dates for that announced right up until the end of May. Although it wouldn't say much for the general magnitude of the bill if him playing solo was to be booked third down so idk.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Announced at last... took long enough :P

Think of it as more like the BBC Big Weekend gigs in the green a couple of years back, there will be a few stages and likely capacity of 50K per day.

If you are thinking of going and need a hotel - get 'em booked now as prices likely to go up soon.

Ta, D

On 1/9/2017 at 2:33 PM, MinionDave said:

U2, not a chance for a festival type event in Glasgow, production costs for them are very high so to hit the sweet spot they need to get a lot of people into the gigs.  Bellahouston with a 35~40k or even the Green with 50k wont be enough. Hampden with 60k+ or Murrayfield with over 70k are the most likely (outside chance of Parkhead or Ibrox).

Noel G is far more likely as he likes playing in Glasgow and can easily fill a 90min festival set, unlikely he'd do a stadium/outside stand-alone show as he'll not sell 35k+ tickets that easily unless he goes into hiding for a couple of years and comes back with a stonker of a new album.

Now that Xmas is done and people are getting back to work i'd expect a bit more movement on a GG event over the next 6 weeks, if there is nothing announced by end of Feb then it'll be to late to make it a large event as people will book up for other things.

Ta,  David

So are U2 really that unlikely? it just seems a bit of a coincidence that they've no Scottish date and this is announced the same weekend. 

5 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

So are U2 really that unlikely? it just seems a bit of a coincidence that they've no Scottish date and this is announced the same weekend. 

Still unlikely. Loadsa bands roll out stadium dates and only hit England in the UK, because that's the biggest market. Even if U2 were considering doing Scotland then they'd have booked and announced a stadium rather than jumping onto a festival line up.

23 minutes ago, Red Day said:

U2 could only do Friday and if rumours are correct then that's Radiohead night. I'd think there's no chance of U2 playing. Good news there's a weekend of gigs though. Glad i booked hotels in November 

if U2 were playing then it would have been announced with the rest of their shows. They'd be having the event jump to their announcement wants, and not the other way around.

@eFestivals could the name of the thread be changed to the name of the TRNSMT Festival pls?

For a festival pronounced 'Transmit' festival, it's ironically not very catchy. Just had to look it up after already reading it earlier.

Assuming it's pronounced 'Transmit' and not an abbreviation... Tennents' Radiohead No More Scottish Teenagers Festival?