• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I'm saying amber run healine land of the saints and Jack garratt on Sat , Jeremy Loops,  clean bandit to sub alt j

Amber Run not big enough to headline, maybe 4th down main or 2nd down LoS.

Clean Bandit won't be at Boardmasters for a sub given their size now, and they were subbing Bastille 2 years back. BM always seem to switch it up with subs and don't really do repeats.

19 minutes ago, jakecase said:

Amber Run not big enough to headline, maybe 4th down main or 2nd down LoS.

Clean Bandit won't be at Boardmasters for a sub given their size now, and they were subbing Bastille 2 years back. BM always seem to switch it up with subs and don't really do repeats.

Amber Run are pretty big they could headlune los and you never know and Jamie T to do something 

Edited by bigcharlie65

49 minutes ago, jakecase said:

Pretty good, no one too big as expected... I think Armand van Helden will be headlining Unleashed on Sunday

boardmasters ting.jpg

I few good additions in there. Will Joseph Cook and the Amazons are great bookings. Both acts have massive potential. A Blaze of Feather is rumored to be a band with Ben Howard in it, if it is that is massive. They'll draw a huge crowd.

4 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I few good additions in there. Will Joseph Cook and the Amazons are great bookings. Both acts have massive potential. A Blaze of Feather is rumored to be a band with Ben Howard in it, if it is that is massive. They'll draw a huge crowd.

A Blaze of Feather is due on the Sunday... Think that's our LoS headliner sorted! That would be an amazing addition, definitely going to see them if Ben Howard is a part of the group.

Our Unleashed tent looks pretty packed now.

My predictions for where acts will place so far:

Friday: 

Main: TDCC, Flaming Lips, Frank Turner and the SS

Unleashed: Andy C

Land of Saints: Slaves

Saturday:

Main: Jamiroquai, the Vaccines, Wild Beasts

Unleashed: Gorgon City

Land of Saints: Jake Bugg

Sunday:

Main: Alt J, Stormzy, Ziggy Marley

Unleashed: AVH

Land of Saints: A Blaze of Feathers

Most of the top spots are taken then. I can see someone being at 3rd down instead of Wild Beasts on the Saturday. If someone did Wild Beasts would probs sub on the LOS stage instead.

5 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Friday: 

Saturday:

Sunday:

Most of the top spots are taken then. I can see someone being at 3rd down instead of Wild Beasts on the Saturday. If someone did Wild Beasts would probs sub on the LOS stage instead.

Yeah, Wild Beasts are more suited for the LoS stage. That's most of the big names done I'm guessing. I reckon Loyle Carner will be third down main instead of Wild Beasts.

On 31/03/2017 at 10:32 AM, CRW5252 said:

Friday: 

Saturday:

Sunday:

Thats strong on Sunday will a blaze of feather be on atbthe same time as Alt-j and stormzy cause that'll be really Grrrr 

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Thats strong on Sunday will a blaze of feather be on atbthe same time as Alt-j and stormzy cause that'll be really Grrrr 

No, main stage finishes before the Land of Saints and Unleashed tents so you'll be able to see all three

14 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

why are sunset sons still a serious rumour like I would expect them to headline los if theyare coming?

They aren't big enough to headline LOS. They could be about 5th on main or 3rd on LOS. Personally I think they would suit a main stage slot well. I think they were made a strong rumour because they retweeted someone saying they should play Boardmasters. 

59 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

why are sunset sons still a serious rumour like I would expect them to headline los if theyare coming?

36 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

They aren't big enough to headline LOS. They could be about 5th on main or 3rd on LOS. Personally I think they would suit a main stage slot well. I think they were made a strong rumour because they retweeted someone saying they should play Boardmasters. 

Sunset Sons and Boardmasters both retweeted the fact Sunset Sons should play at BM. They'd play fourth down on main stage, most likely on the Friday. They've been there for a fair couple years and Boardmasters seem to promote them quite a lot. Plus a new album on the way means they are most likely turning up once again.

They seem to be a late announcement every year, plus organisers will still want to save some names for the final poster to advertise the festival more.

-

We still got Beach Sessions headliners to be announced. (Previously 1975, Sunset Sons and Catfish and the Bottleman have headlined these). A lot of fun, went to my first beach session last year on the Thursday and it was great fun and a fantastic way to start the festival.

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, jakecase said:

Sunset Sons and Boardmasters both retweeted the fact Sunset Sons should play at BM. They'd play fourth down on main stage, most likely on the Friday. They've been there for a fair couple years and Boardmasters seem to promote them quite a lot. Plus a new album on the way means they are most likely turning up once again.

They seem to be a late announcement every year, plus organisers will still want to save some names for the final poster to advertise the festival more.

-

We still got Beach Sessions headliners to be announced. (Previously 1975, Sunset Sons and Catfish and the Bottleman have headlined these). A lot of fun, went to my first beach session last year on the Thursday and it was great fun and a fantastic way to start the festival.

wow 1975 and catfish were obviously quite small back then. personally I think the last announcement wasn't particularly what I was hoping and I'm still not sure  whether to go yet I mean there are some good bands but none really jump out at me making me want to go what are we expecting next announcement do you guys recon any big acts well known such as amber run, kaleo, the kooks or even royal blood? or do you think that's it?|

6 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

wow 1975 and catfish were obviously quite small back then. personally I think the last announcement wasn't particularly what I was hoping and I'm still not sure  whether to go yet I mean there are some good bands but none really jump out at me making me want to go what are we expecting next announcement do you guys recon any big acts well known such as amber run, kaleo, the kooks or even royal blood? or do you think that's it?|

There is no room for the Kooks or Royal Blood as all the top slots are taken up. Kaleo are in America on the 4th so are very unlikely. There is a chance Amber Run will play although I think they would have been announced with Flaming Lips if they were.