35 minutes ago, tadiwamak said:

My friends and I who are all quite sensible and not interested in drugs or any of that as we know what I can lead to are 16 and we're planning on going to boardmasters this year as like a final thing before we go to different schools after our GCES'S this summer. We would opt for the Thursday to Sunday ticket and my friends dad will be nearby. Do you think it is safe for us to go ? And is boardmasters a safe environment for a festival ? Were just there for the sun and music nothing else.

Boardmasters is a great festival for people your age, it's not as bad as it's portrayed to be and this is my 4th year going, my first being only 15 years old! You guys should be fine for sure! The environment and people there are fantastic!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, tadiwamak said:

My friends and I who are all quite sensible and not interested in drugs or any of that as we know what I can lead to are 16 and we're planning on going to boardmasters this year as like a final thing before we go to different schools after our GCES'S this summer. We would opt for the Thursday to Sunday ticket and my friends dad will be nearby. Do you think it is safe for us to go ? And is boardmasters a safe environment for a festival ? Were just there for the sun and music nothing else.

I've not been to Boardmasters before (I'm going this year though) but I can say that it will be completely fine. The way the media portrays festivals is entirely different to reality. Of course there are a few idiots but the huge majority are just like you. They just want to enjoy some great music and have a quality time! 

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

New album for Alt J is out on the 9th of June. The new single is quality, classic Alt J. 

Just heard it and really enjoyed it! Hopefully the album is perfect, be nice to hear some new material at BM.

2 hours ago, Youuucancome said:

So what kind of acts are we expecting for the next announcement? Me and my mates are looking at boardmasters but just a bit 50/50 with some of the acts

No one really knows specific acts but there is potentially a sub slot available on Sunday, depending on whether Stormzy plays on main stage or headlines unleashed. Also a land of saints headliner tba on the Sunday. What's attracting you to the festival?

23 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

No one really knows specific acts but there is potentially a sub slot available on Sunday, depending on whether Stormzy plays on main stage or headlines unleashed. Also a land of saints headliner tba on the Sunday. What's attracting you to the festival?

Well I mean we were originally looking at R+L but that's looking a bit uninspiring atm, I think me and my mates like the idea of a beach vibe and are all massively into two door and alt j. What are the chances on someone like blossoms, courteeners, circa waves or the kooks to play? We are into a fair few of the acts but really just wanna know off people who have been what it's like if anyone can help? 

1 hour ago, Youuucancome said:

Well I mean we were originally looking at R+L but that's looking a bit uninspiring atm, I think me and my mates like the idea of a beach vibe and are all massively into two door and alt j. What are the chances on someone like blossoms, courteeners, circa waves or the kooks to play? We are into a fair few of the acts but really just wanna know off people who have been what it's like if anyone can help? 

Blossoms played last year so unlikely and I can't see where Courteeners would slot in if they did play. I guess as Alt J sub could work but I'd be very surprised. The kooks and Circa Waves are both decent shouts for the LOS headliner slot on Sunday. Palace, Jagwar Ma and Wild beasts (all playing BM) would suit your music tastes, so give them a listen if you haven't already. I haven't been before so I can't comment on that but everyone on this forum has been positive 

On 10 March 2017 at 1:14 AM, CRW5252 said:

Blossoms played last year so unlikely and I can't see where Courteeners would slot in if they did play. I guess as Alt J sub could work but I'd be very surprised. The kooks and Circa Waves are both decent shouts for the LOS headliner slot on Sunday. Palace, Jagwar Ma and Wild beasts (all playing BM) would suit your music tastes, so give them a listen if you haven't already. I haven't been before so I can't comment on that but everyone on this forum has been positive 

Ah cheers buddy, I'll give them a listen!! Yeah I've heard good reviews that's mainly why we are looking at it. Do we know when the next announcement might be?

Morning all, I've been to Leeds Fest, Kendal Calling and Latitude numerous times each.

I absolutely fell in love with how chilled and safe Latitude is. Can happily leave your tent open all day and nothing would happen, also just the general feel is superb. People are pissed and having a good time but no trouble you can see at some festivals. 

Can you guys advise what the campsites are like? Pretty intense and loud well into the night or just fairly chilled?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

Morning all, I've been to Leeds Fest, Kendal Calling and Latitude numerous times each.

I absolutely fell in love with how chilled and safe Latitude is. Can happily leave your tent open all day and nothing would happen, also just the general feel is superb. People are pissed and having a good time but no trouble you can see at some festivals. 

Can you guys advise what the campsites are like? Pretty intense and loud well into the night or just fairly chilled?

Thanks in advance

A lot more chilled than most festivals. It's a great vibe really, it was a bit manic when I first went but then after going uo more festivals it's one of the more relaxed ones to camp in.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Ivo said:

When is the next announcement? what are thoughts?not sure whether to go

I'd imagine they'll be one in the next couple of weeks. I'm personally very impressed with the line up. 3 very strong headliners this year, particularly Alt J, and a decent undercard so far. 

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I'd imagine they'll be one in the next couple of weeks. I'm personally very impressed with the line up. 3 very strong headliners this year, particularly Alt J, and a decent undercard so far. 

Who do you think are gonna be announced 

13 hours ago, Ivo said:

Who do you think are gonna be announced 

8 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

It depends what you define as 'big acts'. There is still plenty of the undercard to fill. I'd be guessing if I said any specifics on which acts. 

The Sunday is looking quite dull in terms of the amount of acts already announced. Still headliners for the Unleashed(if Stormzy is Muse sub) and Land of Saints to be announced.

I doubt he'll do it but Jack Garratt would blow the roof off of Land of Saints stage, or possible a sick sub for Muse? He's around a couple weeks before for Latitude and Longitude, what's stopping him from doing BM? Would be a perfect fit to book him.

1 hour ago, jakecase said:

The Sunday is looking quite dull in terms of the amount of acts already announced. Still headliners for the Unleashed(if Stormzy is Muse sub) and Land of Saints to be announced.

I doubt he'll do it but Jack Garratt would blow the roof off of Land of Saints stage, or possible a sick sub for Muse? He's around a couple weeks before for Latitude and Longitude, what's stopping him from doing BM? Would be a perfect fit to book him.

What u chattin about muse I think we're going to big Saint motel have just been announced for Hyde Park and reacon they would fit land of the saints headliner 

1 hour ago, Ivo said:

What u chattin about muse I think we're going to big Saint motel have just been announced for Hyde Park and reacon they would fit land of the saints headliner 

yeah I'm thinkin the same but thinking like milky chance what about Jamie T

Edited by bigcharlie65

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

I'm assuming Jake got confused with Reading and BM regarding Muse :L. Jack Garratt and Jamie T are both possible. Saint Motel and Milky Chance are both in America and Canada respectively whilst BM is on so can't see them happening. 

Yeah my eyes are always on the Reading forumns :L my bad!

Next announcement Friday!

Hopefully we get to see the lineup poster... top 3 predictions?

I'm saying Jack Garratt to top Land of Saints on Sunday, Enter Shikari to sub Alt-J (Stormzy to headline Unleashed) and Frank Carter

IMG_2242.PNG