• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, jakecase said:

I reckon we could see Clean Bandit sub Alt-J maybe? Would suit well for certain.

I think they played a couple of years ago in the same slot so I'd be surprised if they are booked again. A few of speculative suggestions for who else might play and their positions:

• George Ezra (sub for Alt J)
  • Cabbage (low on Land of Saints)
  • Nothing but Thieves (headlining/subbing Land of Saints)
  • Editors (sub for Alt J) 
  • The Hunna (mid-main)
  • Sundara Karma (mid-main)
  • The Night Cafe (low-main)
  • Tom Odell (sub for Alt J)
  • Feeder (headlining Land of Saints)
  • Lower than Atlantis (headlining Land of Saints)

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

I think they played a couple of years ago in the same slot so I'd be surprised if they are booked again. A few of speculative suggestions for who else might play and their positions:

• The Hunna (mid-main)

Some strong acts there for sure.. only main sub I could see subbing is George Ezra tbh, consideringbit seems we've already got Slaves and Jake Bugg as subs, I wouldn't be surprised if they chucked in an electronic/dance sub for Alt-J...

Rag'n'Bone Man could be booked again after coming here a couple times already, dont know if they'd risk putting him 3rd down on the main considering his popularity, but I don't think he's worthy of being a sub until sometime next year.

Circa Waves are around this year, with no dates for Boardmasters weekend, I reckon we could see them headlining the Land of Saints, with Wild Beasts just behind them.

Also, what you think about Jamie T being a potential sub for Alt-J?

7 hours ago, jakecase said:

Some strong acts there for sure.. only main sub I could see subbing is George Ezra tbh, consideringbit seems we've already got Slaves and Jake Bugg as subs, I wouldn't be surprised if they chucked in an electronic/dance sub for Alt-J...

Rag'n'Bone Man could be booked again after coming here a couple times already, dont know if they'd risk putting him 3rd down on the main considering his popularity, but I don't think he's worthy of being a sub until sometime next year.

Circa Waves are around this year, with no dates for Boardmasters weekend, I reckon we could see them headlining the Land of Saints, with Wild Beasts just behind them.

Also, what you think about Jamie T being a potential sub for Alt-J?

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it is a dance sub for Alt J. I'm not really big into that genre so it's hard for me to suggest who that might be. Circa Waves look to be around the UK during BM so very possible. They would suit headlining Land of Saints well. Jamie T into Alt J would be very strong. If they pulled that off I would be buzzing and looks possible. 

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, jakecase said:

Orbital are and old school electronic duo

yeah these guys are weird like really weird like not saying anything but like honestly there not exactly primal scream old school or the prodigy old school its weird.

12 hours ago, jakecase said:
  • The Hunna (mid-main)

mate what about Frank turner, milky chance(perhaps),Jeremy loops, JP cooper there all touring and seem like the kind of music there really trying to put forward.

4 hours ago, Ivo said:

mate what about Frank turner, milky chance(perhaps),Jeremy loops, JP cooper there all touring and seem like the kind of music there really trying to put forward.

Chance would be fantastic, would be hard for Boardmasters to pull off but he is in Europe this summer so never say never!

7 hours ago, Ivo said:

They are possibilities as well, the list could be endless. If Frank Turner plays it would have to be headlining Land of Saints as he plays at Boomtown on the 13th (where the last sub slot is). 

8 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Just a thought, are Slaves actually confirmed as subs for TDCC? I feel they could well be headlining Land of Saints, that would be the perfect slot for them. 

It's not all set it in stone but that is how it appears to be. I'd love for them to perform in the LoS stage as well, makes room for another big name sub!

Havent spoke about Unleashed headliners yet.. you reckon they'll ask Craig David after he couldn't do it last year?

On 2/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, jakecase said:

It's not all set it in stone but that is how it appears to be. I'd love for them to perform in the LoS stage as well, makes room for another big name sub!

Havent spoke about Unleashed headliners yet.. you reckon they'll ask Craig David after he couldn't do it last year?

I'd say Craig David is unlikely as it looks like he's in Ibiza most the summer so I doubt he'll be up for coming back just for BM but it's not impossible 

Very happy with that announcement. Looks like Jake Bugg and Slaves aren't subbing after all! The Vaccines is a very strong sub considering they headlined a few years ago. Flaming lips is an interesting one and should be quality. Just giving their new album a listen now and it's sounding good. Stormzy was a curveball but a great one, I can see Sunday day tickets selling fast with him and Alt J. I've been meaning to catch Frank Turner for a while so good to see him there, I've heard he puts on a great performance. Ziggy Marley, Jagwar Ma and Kate Nash are all nice additions as well. Any ideas where Jake Bugg will be playing? I'd guess third down, I thought he might be too big to sub but now it looks like he's not even there! It shows what I know! 

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Very happy with that announcement. Looks like Jake Bugg and Slaves aren't subbing after all! The Vaccines is a very strong sub considering they headlined a few years ago. Flaming lips is an interesting one and should be quality. Just giving their new album a listen now and it's sounding good. Stormzy was a curveball but a great one, I can see Sunday day tickets selling fast with him and Alt J. I've been meaning to catch Frank Turner for a while so good to see him there, I've heard he puts on a great performance. Ziggy Marley, Jagwar Ma and Kate Nash are all nice additions as well. Any ideas where Jake Bugg will be playing? I'd guess third down, I thought he might be too big to sub but now it looks like he's not even there! It shows what I know! 

Personally I think they just highlight the three to display the next big three acts. I think it's set that Slaves are headlining Land of Saints, with The Flaming Lips subbing TDCC on the Friday. It'd be weird to see Jake Bugg as low as third down on main stage? Maybe he could be headlining Land of Saints?

As for Sunday, there's a part of me which thinks Stormzy shouldn't really be subbing for Alt-J, the two don't go well together at all. Stormzy should be an Unleashed headliner in my opinion, but then again the tent would be very packed out, so throwing him on main stage is probably the better idea. Sunday still looks pretty dead. We can take from this that Ziggy Marley will be third down on main stage. Land of Saints headliner still to be announced for that day I reckon, and potentially another sub (if Stormzy is headlining Unleashed).

15 minutes ago, jakecase said:

Personally I think they just highlight the three to display the next big three acts. I think it's set that Slaves are headlining Land of Saints, with The Flaming Lips subbing TDCC on the Friday. It'd be weird to see Jake Bugg as low as third down on main stage? Maybe he could be headlining Land of Saints?

As for Sunday, there's a part of me which thinks Stormzy shouldn't really be subbing for Alt-J, the two don't go well together at all. Stormzy should be an Unleashed headliner in my opinion, but then again the tent would be very packed out, so throwing him on main stage is probably the better idea. Sunday still looks pretty dead. We can take from this that Ziggy Marley will be third down on main stage. Land of Saints headliner still to be announced for that day I reckon, and potentially another sub (if Stormzy is headlining Unleashed).

Yeah, that seems right. If Slaves headline LOS, then where does that leave Frank Turner? I hope he's not subbing LOS as that means he'll clash with TDCC. He'd work at 3rd down. I feel Jake Bugg would suit a main stage slot more but headlining LOS is possible. Maybe, with the line up looking stronger this year, 3rd on main will be seen as a higher rep slot. 

Agreed, they are a weird combo. I think it's a good shout suggesting Stomzy will headline unleashed. With a strong LOS headliner the tent won't be too packed hopefully. I feel Sunday has the potential to be a quality day. They haven't announced as many acts for Sunday for whatever reason but once it fills out I think it could be very strong. 

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I who are all quite sensible and not interested in drugs or any of that as we know what I can lead to are 16 and we're planning on going to boardmasters this year as like a final thing before we go to different schools after our GCES'S this summer. We would opt for the Thursday to Sunday ticket and my friends dad will be nearby. Do you think it is safe for us to go ? And is boardmasters a safe environment for a festival ? Were just there for the sun and music nothing else.