2 hours ago, Ivo said:

Mate I told u 

Not surprised they're headlining, just though like previous years they'd be a sub to an electronic act. I'm glad they're reverting back to bands for headliners, makes the festival a lot better. Must say you were spot on with some acts, let's hope your undercard predictions come true as well! All great acts you've named.

Anybody reckon they'll bring back Craig David after last years unfortunate event? (I mean they brought back Catfish after pulling out, Bastille after the festival got cancelled, Duke Dumont after he cancelled (but cancelled again lol))

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great announcement, very tempted to get a ticket now. I've always wanted to go to Boardmasters. I'm surprised Alt J aren't too big for BM now but they are a perfect fit for the festival. Jake Bugg subbing shows a bit of a drop in popularity for him since he subbed at Reading just a couple years ago. Out of interest is the current line up in order of days (i.e are TDCC on Friday and Alt J on Sunday)? Also are the subs in order that they will be in at the festival (i.e Slaves behind Alt J)? 

Also, how many music tents are there? 

15 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Great announcement, very tempted to get a ticket now. I've always wanted to go to Boardmasters. I'm surprised Alt J aren't too big for BM now but they are a perfect fit for the festival. Jake Bugg subbing shows a bit of a drop in popularity for him since he subbed at Reading just a couple years ago. Out of interest is the current line up in order of days (i.e are TDCC on Friday and Alt J on Sunday)? Also are the subs in order that they will be in at the festival (i.e Slaves behind Alt J)? 

Along with the main stage they have the Unleashed tent (dance/DnB/Grime), Land of the Saints (Rock/Rap/Indie) then everything else is mainly outside mainly like The View (tropical house) etc.

Great festival with some fantastic vibes. Great place to go to discover new talent and music. 

I was also surprised by alt-J. They had a show in Bournemouth last January which I wanted to go to but was sold out, but I've heard they're incredible life.

I think the subs should line up with the days, they haven't done in the past as the headliners were announced individually along with subs and they didn't match at all but I have a feeling they'll all match up. 

Id expect to see another sub in there as I believe Andy C will be headlining the Unleashed tent. Another good point about the festival, main stage finishes at 11:30 and you can go to see the headliners for every other stage until 1. So you don't have to ponder on who you'll go see etc such as Reading.

3 hours ago, jakecase said:

Usually the undercard acts are great.

In previous years they've had Wilkinson, Sigma, Craig David, Example, The Darkness, Wolf Alice... the list goes in.

It's a great festival for atmosphere, and the best thing about it, it's a lot more chilled out than the big festivals (R&L, Download, etc)

Definitely the best festival I've been too overall.

I'd be interested if moving onto Cornwall further down or Devon was a good option, and while it's doable it's a very pricey time of the year and directly over a period I'd not choose to visit.

7 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Just to update, the days do indeed match up for headliners and subs.

TDCC - Friday

Jamiroquai - Saturday

Alt-J - Sunday

Taking my sister to Boardmasters for her first time this year (got tickets yesterday yesss) but need to ask, do they accept an expired passport as ID? She is 18 but doesn't have a drivers license and her passport runs out in March. Apparently, your passport is valid for 6 months after expiry, so I'm just wondering what's the protocol here as I've never been in this situation before! Thanks :)

11 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

That wouldn't be accepted as a valid form of ID, her best bet is to get a provisional driving licence sorted, costs about £30 and infinitely cheaper to replace than a passport when lost in a drunken haze.

Okay, thank you for clearing that up! I had a feeling they wouldn't haha!

Interpol ruled out. Shame, they're the sort of act that could've headlined the Mavericks/Land of the Saints on the Sunday.

Reading & Leeds next announcement is this week too, the undercard could give us an idea on who to expect at Boardmasters, such as Unleashed acts.

11 hours ago, jakecase said:

Sunset Sons and Boardmasters Twitter pages have been liking fans tweets about the band being at Boardmasters. Guess they're a 99.9% for the festival. Brilliant band.

Seems Neil has added Sunset Sons to the Boardmasters lineup as a Strong Rumour. Looks good.

Not been to Boardmasters before but the lineup is really appealing to me already. What are the options like for accommodation? Is camping a must or is it also worth looking in to Hotels/Hostels/Air BnBs/other offsite options?

Also, last time I headed down that way the traffic was a nightmare getting in and out. Is it still the case that the A30 can backup all the way to the M5 during the summer? Don't really fancy spending 5-10 hours in traffic so would want to plan ahead.

32 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Not been to Boardmasters before but the lineup is really appealing to me already. What are the options like for accommodation? Is camping a must or is it also worth looking in to Hotels/Hostels/Air BnBs/other offsite options?

Also, last time I headed down that way the traffic was a nightmare getting in and out. Is it still the case that the A30 can backup all the way to the M5 during the summer? Don't really fancy spending 5-10 hours in traffic so would want to plan ahead.

The camping experience really does add to the festival. It's funny and I've always met a bunch of great people, some of which I still speak to and see them each year at the festival. BnB/Hotels will be expensive, plus you'd have to get the shuttle bus to the festival which is about £6 return per day.

Traffic on the way isn't too bad, coming from Bournemouth (and on a coach) it took 4 hours on the way, 5 hours on the way back, pretty average really. Friends who travelled by car managed to leave at about 8am on the Monday and get back to Bournemouth for just before midday, so you just have to leave at the right time, but as soon as you're out of Newquay/Cornwall, the traffic is fine (unless there is some roadworks going on).

Stage splits announced (for the current lineup at least)

Seems Andy C will be headlining the Unleashed stage on Friday, with Slaves as the sub to TDCC. Land of the Saints headliner still to be announced.

Jake Bugg as the sub for Jamiroquai for Saturday with the Unleashed headliner yet to be announced, and I expect Wild Beasts to be playing in the Land of the Saints either headlining or just under the headliner (clashing with Jamiroquai)

Sunday we're still expecting a sub for alt-J, and the Unleashed and Land of the Saints headliners are yet to be announced.

Looking promising so far.

3 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

When was the second announcement for BM last year?

Like mid-Feb, but that was the 2nd headliner announcement. So could be a bit later this year, so I'm saying we should hopefully get the next announcement end of Feb, start of March.

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

Couple of potential Alt J subs in there. Anyone you are particularly expecting off this line up? 

Cypress Hill would be a dream. Would also like to see Ziggy Marley and Frank Turner has the potential to headline Mavericks.

The standard DnB acts (My Nu Leng, Shy FX, etc.)

Interesting to see Loyle Carner on the line up, wouldn't mind him at boardmasters either.

I've seen The Four Owls are at boomtown as well, possibly a slot the same as The Mouse Outfit had last year?