• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went in 2015 and did love it, the weather helped. For me though, there just wasn't enough music that I was into and with it being a smaller festival there's not a great deal to do other than watch the music. However, that was just a personal thing with my music taste. I spent far too much money at the cocktail bar in the VIP area. It was fun to play Jenga with Sunset Sons though!

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I went in 2015 and did love it, the weather helped. For me though, there just wasn't enough music that I was into and with it being a smaller festival there's not a great deal to do other than watch the music. However, that was just a personal thing with my music taste. I spent far too much money at the cocktail bar in the VIP area. It was fun to play Jenga with Sunset Sons though!

Yeah I see what you mean. Boardmasters 2015 was great, but it's a shame that there are artists that lack real calibre in helping the festival sell their tickets. Then again, it was nice to watch some bands that I had never heard of before, Sunset Sons being one of them, and it has definitely broadened my music taste.

It's definitely a festival I'd like to go back to, but would need to have a line-up more fitting to my tastes to make it worth my while. Glasgow to Newquay is a hell of a trek! No direct flights (at least there wasn't in 2015) so it's not the easiest! The main thing I took from it Boardmasters '15 is that Bastille are ready to headline larger festivals. I was very impressed by the way they command the stage.

22 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

It's definitely a festival I'd like to go back to, but would need to have a line-up more fitting to my tastes to make it worth my while. Glasgow to Newquay is a hell of a trek! No direct flights (at least there wasn't in 2015) so it's not the easiest! The main thing I took from it Boardmasters '15 is that Bastille are ready to headline larger festivals. I was very impressed by the way they command the stage.

Bastille were brilliant, one of the best bands I have ever seen. Glasgow to Newquay? Damn ahaha, thought I was bad being 4 hours away :P

Well hopefully the first lineup should be coming within the next week or 2.

57 minutes ago, jakecase said:

Bastille were brilliant, one of the best bands I have ever seen. Glasgow to Newquay? Damn ahaha, thought I was bad being 4 hours away :P

Well hopefully the first lineup should be coming within the next week or 2.

Yeah, a train journey to Milton Keynes, over night stop there, then drive from Milton Keynes to Newquay. On the way back it was a flight from Newquay to Birmingham then another from Birmingham to Glasgow. Was only really possible cause we did Tangerine Fields, so we didn't have tents etc.

I'm on the big save this year so Glastonbury will be my only festival...unless we hear anymore about this Glasgow Green even that's apprently being lined up. Perhaps next year though!

On 10/01/2017 at 11:41 PM, PhoenixEve said:

A friend and I are planning to go there this year. I have only been to huge festivals so far so this will be new. Which kind of tickets would your guys suggest we get? And do you think it's better to arrive by car or coach for this one?

Depends on where you're coming from really. Being from Bournemouth, I've used the coach every time I've been and it's nice getting there but sometimes the journey back is quite long and tiring, but my friends who drove there and back said the car option is easier.

If you like the sun and the beach events that'll go on, surfing, bmx, etc. I'd recommend the long weekend ticket, can also find a camping spot a lot easier. If you're not too fussed regarding that then just get the standard weekend ticket.

11 hours ago, Ivo said:

I'm really up for two door cinema club

I reckon they'd be a sub headliner... BM seem to have taken an EDM headliner approach the past couple of years (deadmau5, chase and status, rudimental, faithless etc.) 

Theyd play along the lines of Catfish, Kaiser Cheifs who were subs last year.

Here we go guys. First wave of acts next week!

Who do you reckon will be announced! 

Some possibilities could include Clean Bandit, Two Door Cinema Club, MØ, and possibly The XX, I reckon Boardmasters are capable of pulling that off.

IMG_1570.PNG

Tartan_Glasto - there are direct flights from Glasgow and Edinburgh in the summer, now daily I believe although it used to be a few times a week. Flybe does the the route.  There are a host of summer flights added to the timetables each year.

It will be interesting to see who is announced, especially as Eden are yet to release their other sessions, and Tunes in the Dunes are also still to release names. Different style of events of course, but interesting none the less. 

I know Frank Turner is playing here in the summer and so it will probably be one of the three. The XX could be a good shout, I mean they liked Cornwall enough to shoot a video here :)

I guess as I live nearby I have never done the weekend camping thing. Luckily I can pick and choose when I go. In comparison to other festivals it isn't as varied in terms of other stages and enjoyment can be very weather dependent! 

21 hours ago, dottles said:

Tartan_Glasto - there are direct flights from Glasgow and Edinburgh in the summer, now daily I believe although it used to be a few times a week. Flybe does the the route.  There are a host of summer flights added to the timetables each year.

It will be interesting to see who is announced, especially as Eden are yet to release their other sessions, and Tunes in the Dunes are also still to release names. Different style of events of course, but interesting none the less. 

I know Frank Turner is playing here in the summer and so it will probably be one of the three. The XX could be a good shout, I mean they liked Cornwall enough to shoot a video here :)

I guess as I live nearby I have never done the weekend camping thing. Luckily I can pick and choose when I go. In comparison to other festivals it isn't as varied in terms of other stages and enjoyment can be very weather dependent! 

Ah ok, must be a recent thing cause although it was Flybe we used, they had no direct flights in Summer 2015. 

As far as what type of ticket to get, I'd recommend the VIP option as unlike other festivals, it's not an obscene amount above the standard ticket price. Queue jump, seperate camping area (with additional toilets and showers if you wish to use them), and the seperate VIP area in the arena. 

My ticket has now been bought. Still got dance tent acts to come, lord of the saints etc. Action packed festival ahead, possibly the best headliners they've had yet in my opinion. Thankfully they've drifted away from the electrionic headliners (even though I did love deamau5), hopefully not too many kids on drugs this time round lol.

Bound to see Sunset Sons again at Boardmasters in my opinion. Maybe Craig David due to him unfortunately not being able to turn up last year?

Your thoughts guys?

Have to admit my prediction of Alt-j and two door cinema club that was too good on the other chat I was too good my new predictions are remember like these are not Headliners as I know the first Headliners have been said but I always have a feeling boardmasters have a little trick up there slevesas I think nico and vinz, vampire weekend, Alan walker, the lumineers are my new predictions for the rest 

Edited by Ivo
Wasn't right

On 13/01/2017 at 7:54 AM, jakecase said:

I reckon they'd be a sub headliner... BM seem to have taken an EDM headliner approach the past couple of years (deadmau5, chase and status, rudimental, faithless etc.) 

Theyd play along the lines of Catfish, Kaiser Cheifs who were subs last year.

Mate I told u 

A festival I hadn't seriously considered before but not this definitely has my attention. A great set of headliners / subs makes for a very strong festival. Hopefully the under card can follow with some other big acts rather than blowing their budget on the top 2 acts each day.

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

A festival I hadn't seriously considered before but not this definitely has my attention. A great set of headliners / subs makes for a very strong festival. Hopefully the under card can follow with some other big acts rather than blowing their budget on the top 2 acts each day.

Usually the undercard acts are great.

In previous years they've had Wilkinson, Sigma, Craig David, Example, The Darkness, Wolf Alice... the list goes in.

It's a great festival for atmosphere, and the best thing about it, it's a lot more chilled out than the big festivals (R&L, Download, etc)

Definitely the best festival I've been too overall.