the lippies - the lippies

against me - shape shift with me

touche amore - stage four

moose blood - blush

milk teeth - vile child

old gray - slow burn

modern baseball - holy ghost

Apologies i have none - pharmacie 

Stage Four was the first album I'd listened to by Touche Amore, it really is great and deals with some heavy subject matter. An album everyone should hear.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Stage Four was the first album I'd listened to by Touche Amore, it really is great and deals with some heavy subject matter. An album everyone should hear.

Go back and listen to the earlier three, they're all either as good or better.

Listened to Chance 3 for the first time today, I think my list is now completely invalid! Loved it!

Bit late to the party...

1. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

2. James Blake - The Colour In Anything

3. Bon Iver - 22, A Million

4. Angel Olsen - My Woman

5. Hamilton + Rostam - I Had A Dream...

6. Anderson .Paak - Malibu

7. Weyes Blood - Front Row Seat To Earth

8. Cate Le Bon - Crab Day

9. Car Seat Headrest - Teens Of Denial

10. Daughter - Not To Dissappear

11. Whitney - Light Upon The Lake

12. Porches - Pool

13. Mitski - Puberty 2

14. Hinds - Leave Me alone

15. Tim Hecker - Love Streams

Special mentions to... Kendrick (would've included quite high in my list but not sure whether to consider it as an normal album), Wye Oak, Bat For Lashes, Schoolboy Q, LUH, PJ Harvey, Ulrika Spacek and Parquet Courts

Probably loads of gems I haven't listened to so I'll be working my way through the lists in this thread over Christmas :)

After much deliberation.... 

Tourist - U
Bon Iver - 22/10
The Last Shadow Puppets - Everything You've Come To Expect
Daughter - Not To Disappear 
Skepta - Konnichiwa
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
Flume - Skin
Glass Animals - How To Be A Human Being
Kaytranada - 99.9%
Jamie T - Trick

A much better year than I previously thought. Struggled to keep it to 10. 

Listened to a Tribe called quest and the New Pixies albums over the weekend.

A tribe called quest has had a few spins (well if MP3s spin) - I really enjoy it. I think it will take 2nd spot on 2016s album list. Would love to see them play the festival.

Pixies - Head Carrier.... Meh. Pretty bland. Nothing to write home about at all.

I will give Leomande a listen this evening. I have absolutely no clue to what it will sound like. The only Beyoncé tunes I know are pretty old. I don't think any are younger than 5 years old + from the small amount I know about the album, its a departure from the tunes I know.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Here's the stuff that's most distracted me from the grim alternative universe we found ourselves in this year:

1 Besnard Lakes - A Coliseum Complex Museum
2 Teenage Fanclub - Here
3 Ben Watt - Fever Dream
4 Neil Cowley Trio - Spacebound Apes
5 The Divine Comedy - Foreverland (has to be the deluxe ed with the devastating 'In May' though)
6 Mogwai - Atomic
7 Josefin Ohrn & The Liberation - Mirage
8 Agnes Obel - Citizen of Glass
9 Hamilton Leithauser & Rostam - I Had A Dream
10 S U R V I V E - RR7349

Bubbling Under:
11. Efterklang - Leaves: The Colour of Falling
12: Of Montreal - Innocence Reaches
13: David Bazan - Blanco

Just can't bring myself to listen to:
Blackstar

1. Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker

2. Brian Fallon - Painkillers

3. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

4. Drive By Truckers - American Band

5. Mystery Jets - Curve of the Earth

6. Shearwater - Jet Plane and Oxbow

7. Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial

8. Flight Brigade - Our Friends Our Enemies

9. The Last Shadow Puppets - Everything You’ve Come To Expect

10. Blossoms - Blossoms

Honourable mention to Turin Brakes -Lost Property.

On 19/12/2016 at 2:43 PM, mr_monkey said:

in no particular order:

moose blood - blush

milk teeth - vile child

old gray - slow burn

You win, I've never heard of any of them. I will go and have a listen to some of these and let you know. Great thing about this forum finding new stuff, cheers 

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will give Leomande a listen this evening. I have absolutely no clue to what it will sound like. The only Beyoncé tunes I know are pretty old. I don't think any are younger than 5 years old + from the small amount I know about the album, its a departure from the tunes I know.

Listened to Lemonade... I liked it, far more than I thought I would. Its an angry album. The tune with Kendrick Lemar (freedom) is a definite highpoint. A "banger" as the kids on here say. 

Production is excellent on the album, that really struck me.

Low point - sorry. I just found that a bit boring.

Will listen again though.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

On 19/12/2016 at 10:04 AM, Thunderstruck said:

No particular order...

Blink 182s new one - a pleasant surprise!

Really! I hated it. Think it's blink's worse album. Can do far better in Pop Punk this year. New Jeff Rosenstock and PUP albums are so good an would totally recommend over this

On 19/12/2016 at 2:43 PM, mr_monkey said:

in no particular order:

moose blood - blush

milk teeth - vile child

old gray - slow burn

Want to stress that I didn't make another account to post this :P . Will say though that the new Old Gray album is pretty cool apart from nearly 3/4 of being interludes and spoken word segments which kinda lame but still rips (though I'd rather listen to Orchid ;) ). Also Holy Ghost was probably the album I listened to the most this year. Loved it! Would also recommend that you listen to the new albums from The Hotelier, Tiny Moving Parts, Jeff Rosenstock, PUP and Casey if you haven't already as they're all quite good and it'd seem like you'd like them based off that list.

On 19/12/2016 at 9:28 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Go back and listen to the earlier three, they're all either as good or better.

Listened to Chance 3 for the first time today, I think my list is now completely invalid! Loved it!

It's their best album man but I will endorse the fact that you have to listen to all their other albums are they're all really good. But Stage Four is my AOTY. Love it more with each listen

15 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

You win, I've never heard of any of them. I will go and have a listen to some of these and let you know. Great thing about this forum finding new stuff, cheers 

Stage Four is definitely worth a listen. It's pretty much the best Post Hardcore album this decade (though I do need to listen to Wildlife by La Dispute again to confirm this :P )

Got sidetracked there. Only came on here to see if anyone here has listened to any new decent new Shoegaze releases and saw that and got involved :lol:
But anyway, anyone got some new Shoegaze they want to recommend to me. I listened to the new Pity Sex album and it never really grabbed me but I'm going to give that a re-listen soonish. I still need to listen to the new Nothing album but apart from that and the new Turnover 7 inch I haven't heard of anything else. Just need some new Shoegaze dammit :P 

Note: Any Dream Pop recomendations will do as well

Edited by justanothername

49 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Got sidetracked there. Only came on here to see if anyone here has listened to any new decent new Shoegaze releases and saw that and got involved :lol:
But anyway, anyone got some new Shoegaze they want to recommend to me. I listened to the new Pity Sex album and it never really grabbed me but I'm going to give that a re-listen soonish. I still need to listen to the new Nothing album but apart from that and the new Turnover 7 inch I haven't heard of anything else. Just need some new Shoegaze dammit :P 

Note: Any Dream Pop recomendations will do as well

The new Nothing album is the best shoegaze fing I've heard in a while - maybe since the last MBV.

Sunflower Bean, Pinkshinyultrablast, Merchandise and Crying all released cracking albums this year - those would be a bit more dream pop though. Ulrika Spacek and Flyying Colours both put out some good 'gazers.

Also not dream pop or shoegaze but I know you like your emo kinda stuff check this out plz.

Edited by dentalplan

I havent listened to as much music this year as I would like but here are 10 that stuck out for me in no particular order:

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

David Bowie - Blackstar

Against Me! - Shape Shift With Me

Weezer - White Album

Frank Ocean - Blonde

Suede - Night Thoughts

Every Time I Die - Low Teens

Anderson Paak - Malibu

Deftones - Gore

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

This makes me realise how few albums i listen to nowadays in this streaming era, but in no particular order:

Duke Spirit - Kin

HiFi Sean - Ft.

Haley Bonar- Impossible Dream

Rolling Stones - Blue and Lonesome  

The Oh Sees - Weird Exits

Lenard Cohen - You want it darker

Case/Lang/Veirs - Case/Lang/Veirs

Savages - Adore Life

Blind Shake - Celebrate your Worth

Lets Eat Grandma - I, Gemini