Muse

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus!! Showbiz below 2nd Law.I know everyone's got their own opinion but wow!

I haven't listened to Showbiz for years and years but when it came out it was a fantastic album.

i take on board that if I heard it now it wont seem as good as when it came out(that has happened to many albums before) but I doubt I would be putting it below the 2nd Law.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Jesus!! Showbiz below 2nd Law.I know everyone's got their own opinion but wow!

I haven't listened to Showbiz for years and years but when it came out it was a fantastic album.

i take on board that if I heard it now it wont seem as good as when it came out(that has happened to many albums before) but I doubt I would be putting it below the 2nd Law.

Sometimes feel like I'm in a minority with the fact that when I like an album I continue to listen to it periodically forever. Even if it's just once a year.

But everyone else seems to reminisce about albums they think "were" really good but for some reason stopped listening to. Maybe you'd think it's still really good, it hasn't gone anywhere! I dunno, not a dig like, people can listen to whatever they want, just find it interesting as unless I go off something I don't ever stop listening to it. 

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Sometimes feel like I'm in a minority with the fact that when I like an album I continue to listen to it periodically forever. Even if it's just once a year.

But everyone else seems to reminisce about albums they think "were" really good but for some reason stopped listening to. Maybe you'd think it's still really good, it hasn't gone anywhere! I dunno, not a dig like, people can listen to whatever they want, just find it interesting as unless I go off something I don't ever stop listening to it. 

Yeah, I know what you're saying.Its just that I'm listening to new albums all the time and I suppose I find it hard to find the time to go back over old albums.

For example, I've been listening to the latest albums by Descendants, Avenged Sevenfold,letlive and Korn.Im loving them all and it would be hard to switch one off to listen toShowbiz again.I haven't even listened to the new Metallica yet.

so many album, so little time.

Edited by rivalschools.price

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I know what you're saying.Ots just that I'm listening to new albums all the time and I suppose I find it hard to find the time to go back over old albums.

For example, I've been listening to the latest albums by Descendants, Avenged Sevenfold,letlive and Korn.Im loving them all and it would be hard to switch one off to listen toShowbiz again.I haven't even listened to the new Metallica yet.

so many album, so little time.

The new Avenged album is unbelievable isn't it! I'm going over to Dublin for my birthday next month as it ties in perfectly with their gig over there, can't wait for it. My first time seeing them. I think only James Blake's album this year tops The Stage, but Paradigm is probably my track of the year.

Not even got round to Korn's new one yet but the lead single is good, I've heard that. 

Setlist prediction: 

New Born 

Pyscho

Plug In Baby 

Map of the Problematique 

Supremacy

Dead Inside

Hysteria

Resistance

Bliss

Reapers

Sunburn

Time is Running Out

Starlight

Feeling Good

Muscle Museum

Madness

Micro Cuts

Undisclosed Desires

Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

Mercy

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia.

This is my wishlist whilst being realistic  

37 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

Setlist prediction: 

New Born 

Pyscho

Plug In Baby 

Map of the Problematique 

Supremacy

Dead Inside

Hysteria

Resistance

Bliss

Reapers

Sunburn

Time is Running Out

Starlight

Feeling Good

Muscle Museum

Madness

Micro Cuts

Undisclosed Desires

Stockholm Syndrome

Encore:

Mercy

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia.

This is my wishlist whilst being realistic  

Glad you put while being realistic as that's worrying as a wishlist alone.

9 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Pablo Honey bar several songs isn't even listenable. Can't really say that for Muse's last 3 albums 

Listened to Pablo Honey a fair amount recently for the first time in ages. Nowhere near as bad as I remembered it being. Only a couple of songs (How Do You/Anyone Can Play Guitar mainly) on there that are near being as bad as the last few Muse albums. Then the likes of Lurgee/Creep/Blow Out shit all over said albums.

And I'd say the last three Muse albums could easily be described as unlistenable. Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, Follow Me, Big Freeze, Save Me, Unsustainable, Revolt, The Globalist, Drones, Aftermath. Joke songs.

The two songs on The 2nd Law that Matt doesn't sing are unbelievably bad. I have to turn the album off when I get to them.

The thing with The 2nd Law is I don't even think the songs in the first half are particularly bad. It's just a group of songs rather than an album, there is no flow with it at all. That's not to say it's good, I just don't think it's terrible. 

Drones the song makes me cringe. I remember on my first listen of the album after sitting through the few songs preceding it which was painful listening, thinking "well hopefully they end the album on a bang", and then getting whatever the fuck that song is.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Listened to Pablo Honey a fair amount recently for the first time in ages. Nowhere near as bad as I remembered it being. Only a couple of songs (How Do You/Anyone Can Play Guitar mainly) on there that are near being as bad as the last few Muse albums. Then the likes of Lurgee/Creep/Blow Out shit all over said albums.

And I'd say the last three Muse albums could easily be described as unlistenable. Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, Follow Me, Big Freeze, Save Me, Unsustainable, Revolt, The Globalist, Drones, Aftermath. Joke songs.

Just had to listen to it again. I don't know, it's just bad album where almost every song have the same drum beat, similar guitar riff and similar melody. Those songs that aren't in that mold are really good - Blow Out, Creep and Lurgee and others are just plain bad. 

Pablo Honey for me has 9 bad songs. Resistance - 3, The 2nd Law - 5, Drones - 3 (4 if I count Drones but I don't think that was actually a song more like outro to album) 

Edited by Nicklord

21 hours ago, Odessa said:

The new Avenged album is unbelievable isn't it! I'm going over to Dublin for my birthday next month as it ties in perfectly with their gig over there, can't wait for it. My first time seeing them. I think only James Blake's album this year tops The Stage, but Paradigm is probably my track of the year.

Not even got round to Korn's new one yet but the lead single is good, I've heard that. 

Yeah, great album.

Defo in my top ten for the year