Vieilles Charrues 2017

Tremousse

First names of the biggest festival in France. It used to have big headliners in the past. I've even seen Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band there. This festival has a a line-up with every kind of music, from local small acts to big European names, and 4 stages. 275 000 people in 2016. It was sunny, we had a wonderful time. Enjoy ;)

les-vieilles-charrues-2017.jpg

• 2 months later...

Very glad with this announcement. Vieilles Charrues have as traditionnally a very diversified line-up, and it's a true experience of friendship. With this ecclectic habit + The acts taken by other festivals (Les Vieilles Charrues DON'T belong to Live Nation) + The current difficulties in France to have a good line-up, I didn't expect something better. I'm very happy with the addition of Vintage Trouble by the way !

I hope it will be as sunny as last year. 

Just now, Tremousse said:

Very glad with this announcement. Vieilles Charrues have as traditionnally a very diversified line-up, and it's a true experience of friendship. With this ecclectic habit + The acts taken by other festivals (Les Vieilles Charrues DON'T belong to Live Nation) + The current difficulties in France to have a good line-up, I didn't expect something better. I'm very happy with the addition of Vintage Trouble by the way !

I hope it will be as sunny as last year. 

Why there are difficulties forming a good lineup? 

15 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Why there are difficulties forming a good lineup? 

In France, festival line-ups are not the same level that Rock Werchter, Roskilde, Glastonbury, T In The Park etc. Simply because artists played on the radio are booked and many international artists are ignored on french radios (Pearl Jam for exemple, nevertheless they've played Main Square, thanks to Live Nation. Probably no festival will get Foo Fighters this year for exemple). The festival culture is also currently having a breakthrough in France. Anyway, the only huge bill each year for the moment is Hellfest, if you like metal. But Download/Lollapalooza just landed so we can count on them in the future.

42 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

In France, festival line-ups are not the same level that Rock Werchter, Roskilde, Glastonbury, T In The Park etc. Simply because artists played on the radio are booked and many international artists are ignored on french radios (Pearl Jam for exemple, nevertheless they've played Main Square, thanks to Live Nation. Probably no festival will get Foo Fighters this year for exemple). The festival culture is also currently having a breakthrough in France. Anyway, the only huge bill each year for the moment is Hellfest, if you like metal. But Download/Lollapalooza just landed so we can count on them in the future.

I've never encountered a Lollapalooza lineup which make me go crazy and Metal isn't my thing but hopefully things will get better for you there!

I just love Paris and waiting for a(nother) reason to come back there. Last time I visit there was in 2014 (for 10 days and then flew to Rock Werchter)  and I almost bought tickets to Solidays festival but decided against it at the last minute. 

38 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I've never encountered a Lollapalooza lineup which make me go crazy and Metal isn't my thing but hopefully things will get better for you there!

I just love Paris and waiting for a(nother) reason to come back there. Last time I visit there was in 2014 (for 10 days and then flew to Rock Werchter)  and I almost bought tickets to Solidays festival but decided against it at the last minute. 

I've been to solidays many times before, and I can say it's not a crazy festival, except if you go with friends. Even if the price is really cheap, the people are not festival people, very young, and no alcohol on the campsite... I f you want a good line-up in Paris, I recommend Rock En Seine, they often share headliners with R&L, the line-up is not as good but it's OK; I think that this year, headliners could be Mumford and Sons, Kasabian & the XX. (nevertheless it's not orientated "classic rock")

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you may ask who are the french bands written in big letters.. Matmatah have had a huge success at Vieilles Charrues in 1999,2001,2008. They stopped their career and they are back this year with a new album today. They represent rock music in west of France. Let me share you one of their performance at Vieilles Charrues, which are always EPIC :