First band you saw at Glastonbury

jonzpellz

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Loved Echobelly when they first appeared. SAM was a mini-force to be reckoned with. Saw em a few times. And spotted her at a Morrissey gig at Drury Lane long enough to say hi. And she was lovely and polite and smiley. She's still around, performing with a version of the band and recording a new album. And active on Twitter.  

V97.  I may have spent the time between songs just gazing at her adoringly...

Well the wife says it was prodigy but as I was off my head and only just remember getting there lol.... Can't remember many bands but it was all about the dance tent and traveler's party back then.. We always park with travellers and I remember one year we were in the festival and it took ALL night to get back to it and that was following the bloody fence lol. We had broken in but could not break out lol

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The Darkness, opening up the Pyramid stage in 2003, Justin got all tangled up in his guitar I seem to recall. They had their brief moment of fame and it seemed quite fun at the time. Saw them soon after headlining T in the Park.

Worst band I've EVER heard at well anywhere... Was having a pint at the cider bus and had to go far away from them 

Honestly?  I have no idea!  It was 1994 and we camped at cockmill so it was probably something on the pyramid . . .  But not a blinking clue who! 

Edited by bexj

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore, and what's it seems strange and scary to me. It'll happen to you one day.

The single greatest description of getting older.

A solid quote.  Except that I was never with it.  Even as a youth I wasn't sure what it was.  Oh well.

11 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Didn't we all. Got to meet her once after a gig in Brixton in 1997. These days she's a Mum and a writer and goes to literary festivals instead...

Phwoar!

1 hour ago, Dark Star said:

Her and Sonya from Echobelly... *drools*

Never met Sonia, but spoke to Debbie once when she worked in a record shop in Notting Hill...

Met Louise after basically blagging our way into their backstage party at the venue. I think she thought me and my mate were both press or something, but no-one seemed to care that we were there. Remember talking to the guitarist for ages about 'cracking America' or some such crap that meant a lot in those days. Chatted to Louise for a bit and gave her a peck on the cheek before they all decided to go off and find their dealers....

Those were the days....