Surf's Up

51 minutes ago, Surf's Up said:

Announced Northside festival today and haven't been announced for Tinderbox Festival, Denmark which is the same weekend as Glastonbury. 

10th June - Northside festival Aarhus, Denmark

17th June - Secret Solstice Festival Reykjavik, Iceland

*23rd-25th* GLASTONBURY FINGERS CROSSED

5th July - Weekend Beach Festival Torre Del Mar, Spain

They wouldn't do Northside and Tinderbox surely, they aren't that far apart. Only did Tinderbox in 2015 too, surely it's going to happen. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They wouldn't do Northside and Tinderbox surely, they aren't that far apart. Only did Tinderbox in 2015 too, surely it's going to happen. 

The dates to play at Glastonbury are currently free.

It's been years since they performed at the farm.

New material since and also some new tunes this year.

The only doubt I have is whether they only see themselves as a headline act now. I know they've played on the Glastonbury other stage in the past but at every other festival so far this year, they're being announced as headliners. With Radiohead confirmed and Ed/Foo's TBC as the other two, hopefully they'll be happy to top the bill on the other stage as an alternative to Radiohead or Ed. I can't see them up against the Foo's.  

32 minutes ago, Surf's Up said:

The only doubt I have is whether they only see themselves as a headline act now. I know they've played on the Glastonbury other stage in the past but at every other festival so far this year, they're being announced as headliners. With Radiohead confirmed and Ed/Foo's TBC as the other two, hopefully they'll be happy to top the bill on the other stage as an alternative to Radiohead or Ed. I can't see them up against the Foo's.  

Acts of this size (see also The Cure, Depeche Mode etc) must realise that Pyramid Stage headliners tend to be acts that can sell out yer Wembley Stadiums, and/or be real legends like Macca, NY, Stones etc

There's no shame in headlining other stages.

4 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Acts of this size (see also The Cure, Depeche Mode etc) must realise that Pyramid Stage headliners tend to be acts that can sell out yer Wembley Stadiums, and/or be real legends like Macca, NY, Stones etc

No shame... but not much money, significantly less coverage, weakens rep for future festivals going forward.

Nevertheless, The Prodigy actually do take all sorts of festival slots unlike the two mentioned so can't really be classed alongside when it comes to the chances of headlining the Other Stage. They must either charge too much nowadays or Glasto just aren't interested.

25 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I wouldn't say necessarily Wembley, there is a few over years that I don't think will touch Wembley.

7 hours ago, Surf's Up said:

It's been years since they performed at the farm.

New material since and also some new tunes this year.

Headlined the 2nd stage at T two years ago up against bloody Noel Gallagher on the main stage.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, The Nal said:

Not a hope though. It'll be the tour setlist. All the new stuff with 2-3 oldies dropped in.

Fine by me. Got sick of hearing a few of the standards. Voodoo People for example. 

Although the remixed Firestarter sounds good. As does the Breathe dubstep thing.

you chose this lot over....Echo and The Bunnymen?

8 hours ago, Surf's Up said:

It's been years since they performed at the farm. hopefully they'll be happy to top the bill on the other stage as an alternative to Radiohead or Ed. I can't see them up against the Foo's.  

the fella that opened the big Radiohead 2017 thread, forget his name... but sure he'll be gutted if this happens

15 hours ago, henry bear said:

I will bite seeing as I am tired. Stine Roses have sold out Wembley, Depeche Mode are far far bigger than The Stone Roses.

15 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Have got a massive amount of respect for these dudes but surely it's time to call it a day?. Their live show has more or less stayed the same for the last 15 years. Are they relevant in any shape or form anymore?.

Yeah. Especially relevant and current in Eastern/Northern Europe and beyond.

Last album went to number 1 in the UK, as has every album since Jilted. Very much not time to call it a day.   

2 hours ago, Brock Landers said:

Have got a massive amount of respect for these dudes but surely it's time to call it a day?. Their live show has more or less stayed the same for the last 15 years. Are they relevant in any shape or form anymore?.

They have an audience who listen, they love what they do and that's all matters, and it pays their bills of course.

Plus you'll have folks like myself who have never seen them for one reason or another but wanted to, who will happen to be at a festival that they are at with no alternatives for that time slot - so why not have a listen to Prodigy. :)

• 2 weeks later...