Surf's Up

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/12/2016 at 8:55 AM, Quark said:

V97 just after Fat Of The Land came out.  I'd never seen anything like it, just outstanding.

would love to see them again!

First time I saw them was V97 too, Northern one was in Leeds then. Never managed to catch them again till just last year at snowbombing in Austria. Hadn't changed much at all in nearly 20 years, that's not a criticism, fucking great live.

6 hours ago, nowthen2k6 said:

First time I saw them was V97 too, Northern one was in Leeds then. Never managed to catch them again till just last year at snowbombing in Austria. Hadn't changed much at all in nearly 20 years, that's not a criticism, fucking great live.

Ezee Lee, Happy new year :-D

First time I saw them was at Universe Big Love in 1993, the last time was both nights at Wembley in 2015. They're one of the most consistently good live acts around and always put the effort into every show. I have to agree with a couple posts above and say that the worst show was at Creamfields in 2013, not due to the band themselves but I thought the sound was off and fights in the crowd (nowhere near any moshing) set a negative tone. The best I can immediately recall was on the greatest hits tour in 2005 (I think), when they rolled out Break and Enter, Jericho, Charly and I think even We Are The Ruffest. IF they play this year, THAT'S what I want to see, a greatest hits set as The Day Is My Enemy has been toured to death now. However, Liam Howlett has promised new tunes for this year apparently.

But something tells me they're no longer on Glastonbury's radar these days. Dunno why, it will be 8 years since they last played come this year's event and with a fallow year in 2018 who's to say they'll ever return? They can't go on forever performing as they do, they'll become a parody of themselves if they're not careful

4 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

The Day Is My Enemy has been toured to death now. However, Liam Howlett has promised new tunes for this year apparently.

Heard that one before from Master H! As far back as the late 90s. They toured Invaders for longer. They have dates booked into the summer now.

They can't go on forever performing as they do, they'll become a parody of themselves if they're not careful

Also heard that one before. Since Firestarter and certainly since Babys Got a Temper!

They seem to love Glastonbury so fingers crossed. "The king of the festivals in England in our mind"

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In their defence they've done well to soldier on in the aftermath of that debacle.  A band made of less stern stuff would have crumbled into dust out of sheer mortification.

Thats what happens when you let Keith Flint write the records. 

Howlett: "I told them, this is a load of shit". 

Liam wrote the next album on his own. 

I saw them over Blur in 09. I maintain I made the right decision. Not too bothered about seeing them at Worthy again. Definitely would over Edward though.

Waited a long time to see them at Glastonbury. Loved it. 

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Think it was 2013 as I was there and indeed full of tools, but most of them went to see Avicii instead... Something seemed really off with the set too.

Ah maybe, they are the sort that will do what they want without a care about the crowd around as long as they are enjoying.

to echo some of the posts above I likewise saw Prodge instead of Blur.

Whilst I regret not seeing Blur I saw them at the Olympics gig at Hyde Park in 2012 and the Prodge were fucking great. Was the first time I had seen them and it was rather epic!

3 hours ago, Surf's Up said:

Weekend 17th June -Secret Solstice Festival Reykjavik, Iceland

Weekend 5th July - Weekend Beach Festival Torre Del Mar, Spain

Nothing announced in between those dates as yet and until then, fingers crossed.

There is virtually nothing bar Glasto festival they can still do then.

15 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

All I want from the prodigy is a classic best of set.

no new bollocks, just old great stuff. They have an amazing back catalogue, why can't they just crowd please

To Howlett's credit, he doesnt care what people think. Doesnt give a fiddlers.