Surf's Up

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Seen the prodigy quite a few times.

The best - The academy in Liverpool in 2008. Small venue - it was unreal.

Worst - Creamfields 2012? - Full of tools.

Saw prodigy at Birmingham academy in 2004.  For all of the metal gigs I went to, nothing compared to how fucking crazy that crowd was. Opened with wake up and followed with their law. The place alternated between mosh and crush. Couldn't hack that these days, but brings back good memories.

Just now, sunnydaysblue said:

Do they have a new album coming out? Seems odd doing it with no new material...

they toured the hell out of Invaders Must Die so i imagine they'll do the same for this new album. a bit odd that they'd play Glastonbury this deep in to their tour but i guess it could happen

13 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Do they have a new album coming out? Seems odd doing it with no new material...

I spotted they'd said on Facebook that they had new tunes on the way next year. And I recall around the release of the last album the firestarter bloke was saying they'd do no more albums - and considering how long it takes them that's pretty believable - so it'll probably just be a new song or two. Though I don't think that or a handful of summer shows indicates anything - they're always a possibility but never a likelihood, really.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I spotted they'd said on Facebook that they had new tunes on the way next year. And I recall around the release of the last album the firestarter bloke was saying they'd do no more albums - and considering how long it takes them that's pretty believable - so it'll probably just be a new song or two. Though I don't think that or a handful of summer shows indicates anything - they're always a possibility but never a likelihood, really.

It baffles me how you get any real life stuff done, Dental. 

And I mean that in the nicest way possible. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

anybody reckon The Prodigy could end up doing Parklife and/or Wildlife this year? them doing Glastonbury still doesn't feel right to me and those two are still yet to announce their lineups

Too big imo, but I guess it can't be ruled out. Even though they would still play the same position as The Chem Bros and Disclosure I still think they are a bigger act....that could come into question I admit with Disclosure. 

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

anybody reckon The Prodigy could end up doing Parklife and/or Wildlife this year? them doing Glastonbury still doesn't feel right to me and those two are still yet to announce their lineups

Parklife could be a good shout actually. It's run by the same organisers as WHP isn't it? They got them to play two nights at Victoria warehouse in 2013 so maybe?

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

We'll find out later in the month as that's when Parklife is announcing 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Parklife get great line ups, but its full of dickheads. I could walk to it, its only £5 in a taxi but I still wont go.

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, shuttlep said:

All I want from the prodigy is a classic best of set.

no new bollocks, just old great stuff. They have an amazing back catalogue, why can't they just crowd please

Experience and jilted for the generation mixed up together in some mental old school techno way would be outrageously good......

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Parklife get great line ups, but its full of dickheads. I could walk to it, its only £5 in a taxi but I still wont go.

I drove past one year, as everyone was turning up. Everyone looked the same, 

girls = short skirts wellies vest top and braids

Lads = tight shorts, wellies and sunglasses

didn't even rain that year. I think they just assumed you could only get in to a festival wearing wellies

8 minutes ago, Fladog said:

Experience and jilted for the generation mixed up together in some mental old school techno way would be outrageously good......

Not a hope though. It'll be the tour setlist. All the new stuff with 2-3 oldies dropped in.

Fine by me. Got sick of hearing a few of the standards. Voodoo People for example. 

Although the remixed Firestarter sounds good. As does the Breathe dubstep thing.

17 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I drove past one year, as everyone was turning up. Everyone looked the same, 

girls = short skirts wellies vest top and braids

Lads = tight shorts, wellies and sunglasses

didn't even rain that year. I think they just assumed you could only get in to a festival wearing wellies

I still have nightmares recollecting the Glastonbury I wore Converse trainers for the whole 5 days. It was 1997.

Iggy Pop vs The Prodigy confirmed on the leaked Trainspotting 2 soundtrack listing, can't wait to hear that (or Slow Slippy, to be honest).

I'd be happy for them to return and play anything, old or new, to be honest.  90 minutes or so of that kind of energy wouldn't go amiss in my weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Announced Northside festival today and haven't been announced for Tinderbox Festival, Denmark which is the same weekend as Glastonbury. 

10th June - Northside festival Aarhus, Denmark

17th June - Secret Solstice Festival Reykjavik, Iceland

*23rd-25th* GLASTONBURY FINGERS CROSSED

5th July - Weekend Beach Festival Torre Del Mar, Spain

Edited by Surf's Up

On 1/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

I went in 2015, was totally fine.  The sun turned up, so nobody was acting aggro, but it nobody was acting like a dickhead.  They were a bit posery, but y'know, live and let live.

Let's put it this way, it didn't have a very stabby atmosphere, unlike what I heard about 2014!