Charity Bins 2017

nightcrawler13

It's the second most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas is upon us and if you're struggling to find a present for your festival loving friends why not get them their own Glastonbury charity bin!

Glastonbury 2017 is approaching, which means it's time for another 100 charity bins to be sold off to raise money for CARE International. We raised over £5000 last year with the government matching bonus and have raised over £10000 in the last few years :)

There have been bins sponsored by bands, comedians, artists, school classes, fire stations, on behalf of those who have passed away and to celebrate the birth of those who have a life of festivals to attend.

All 100 have sold out every year, so don't delay, sponsor a bin today! ^_^

91 left for the picking!

(make sure to follow on twitter - @DanTasticGlasto -  and instagram - @DanTasticGlastonbury - for pictures of the festival build, bins and other backstage fun)

www.justgiving.com/CharityBins2017

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey bin folk - my mum got carried away and donated as a very early birthday present for me - amazing! She's asked for loads of text, sorry about that - if you're reading this it's the one about Cornwall and cows. The initials SA will be just fine. 

I will tweet you too. :-) 

Edited by themuel

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Bumping this because there are still bins available.

I'm going to request a Camp Solo bin, once I've received some ideas from my future camp mates :)

Great minds think alike Miesh as I just came on here to post the same!! I bought a bin this morning! Site said there were 50 left which is quite a lot at this date!

A family member and his friends bought bins last year and we found them both in Williams Green. Great to find and felt very personal...and for a good cause! Can't wait to find mine xx

2 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

Great minds think alike Miesh as I just came on here to post the same!! I bought a bin this morning! Site said there were 50 left which is quite a lot at this date!

A family member and his friends bought bins last year and we found them both in Williams Green. Great to find and felt very personal...and for a good cause! Can't wait to find mine xx

Well done for purchasing a bin....and for finding them last year.  We failed to find ours (despite looking for ages).  Then when we got back we realised we should have used the rather large tower in the background to help us! I'll try harder this year.

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Its mine and my wifes 10 year wedding anniversary the thursday of the festival.. do you think they would let me put something for that on one?

Of course, have a look on the just giving page, there are some rules but generally you can have what you want.  

Congratulations on your anniversary.  It will be 10 years on the Wednesday since my Glastonbury proposal :)

3 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Of course, have a look on the just giving page, there are some rules but generally you can have what you want.  

Congratulations on your anniversary.  It will be 10 years on the Wednesday since my Glastonbury proposal :)

Thanks!.

im definitely going to get one in that case then.

Loved our bin last year.  Just put in the order for this years, as hadn't spotted this.  Attempting to find our bin is a part of the festival for us now.  Didn't find our first one, but the next 3 years we tracked them down.  Was in a great location last year, so easy to find!

IMG_5757.JPG

Missed out on one in 2015 but thought we'd get in early this year so booked one ages ago. It's our 3 year anniversary on the 21st June so ideal timing for our favourite place ever!! Can't wait to try and find ours this year!!! Exciting!!!! 

2 hours ago, Bluebeth said:

Seems to be a few anniversaries during the festival, we got married 26 June 2010 and went to our first Glastonbury the following year for our first anniversary. 

We did the same in 2015! We should all meet up at the WI Tea and Cake tent as they sang Happy Anniversary to us in a Happy Birthday styley!! Planning to go there again this year, Joanne and her girls cakes are amazing!!! 

Done, had fun looking for last years but didn't manage to find it. We will start the search in earnest earlier this year, before the bins start migrating around here fields!!

Dan - this was great. If poss for van to be white, even better. Cheers, NS

IMG_1076.PNG

Edited by Neville Street
Add pic