Pet Shop Boys

The longdrops

Playing next year, apparently, according to A Source Close To The Band. Their schedule has them in Denmark on the Saturday, so they must be Friday or Sunday. The same source also has them at Isle of White festival. 

They last headlined Other in 2010 - any guesses for this year? 

Edited by The longdrops

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Erasure / Pet Shop and the Boys Sunday night double bill, please.

Without wishing to get all, you know, like that, I have massive respect for the Erasure lads as they made an incredible fuss over my cousin a long while back before social media at a gig when (she had absolutely zero idea) and didn't have long left on this part of the journey. 

Bring em on. I *will* give a lot of respect. 

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2016 at 8:47 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Erasure - yes.

I'd like Vince Clark to do something like George Clinton did, open with Yazoo, do about 6-8 tracks with Miss Moyet, then into Erasure for a full headline set. trotting out Feargal Sharkey for the encore.  They do have form for such gigs only a few years back.

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Just came back to this whilst touching up my prediction and see the original info had them at IOW, too. Not announced for IOW so far and I would imagine they'd be getting a good slot there, so feel like they're not gonna show up there now and therefore the info is wrong.

As the original poster I think you might be right I'm afraid. It looks like they are going to announce German dates pretty much right across the Glasto weekend. Sorry to have misled people. Maybe my lead was wrong; maybe plans have changed. 

Announced as winner of this year's NME "Godlike Genius" award, for what that's worth. Has no bearing on a Glastonbury appearance whatsoever but fingers crossed they announce something on the night. Never seen them live and they're definitely due back to the farm.

Edit: I see the only date they could play is Friday 23. And that would mean shows on 23, 24, 25 and 26. Probably unlikely. Oh well.

Edited by SPTFRE