Electric Picnic 2017

pothead pixie

Well I might as well start this new thread, who would you like to see announced for this, I hope that they announce a few names again around December, if they are on the ball I hope they have scooped Aphex Twin seeing that he's been announced for some festivals in Europe in June next summer.  I've got my campaign up and running again to get him to the Picnic, join if you feel inclined as he has never played this festival in its history.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/306301782765054/

Think we'll get a few of these;

The XX, Pixies, The Cure, Justice, Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, Aphex Twin, James, PiL, Erasure, Human League, Richard Ashcroft, Nick Cave, Christine and the Queens, Patti Smith, Jesus and Mary Chain, Kendrick Lamar, The Divine Comedy, White Lung, A Tribe Called Quest, Car Seat Headrest, Danny Brown, Rick Astley for the 80s tent

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rumblings that we might get the first announcement of this the week of the 20th March. Sadly, Rich is confirmed for Forbidden Fruit so unlikely to be playing Stradbally. I remember seeing School of Aphex allumnus Chris Cunningham melt a few brains at EP a could years back.

10 hours ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

Could be a leak or a fake, who knows but some nice thought in that line up there.

Electric Picnic.jpeg

Official one looks almost the same. There's no Phoenix

image.jpg

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

line-up has been there for hours.

Which is probably why it sold out.

I think most people assumed that was fake though and there's lots of complaints on their facebook page about the lineup. I really love the under card (plus The XX and ATCQ) but agree that they could do with another big headliner. Still going regardless though. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

They are taking their time with that second announcement, last year we got the second announcement in 2nd June.  who do you think might get added to this.

I reckon they'll confirm Phoenix, then we'll get a few of Jesus and Mary Chain, Ash, Franz Ferdinand, Arab Strap, Frightened Rabbit, Peter Hook & The Light, Cabbage, The Cribs, Sugarhill Gang, Charli XCX, Haim, Slaves, British Sea Power, Hothouse Flowers, Justice, maybe some Beatles Sgt Peppers tribute...

• 3 weeks later...

So hear is the 20 odd additions to the line up, some I know and are not too bad and some I don't know at all, so some discoveries to be made.

Elbow
Phoenix
Birdy (ffs)
Mura Masa
Bicep
Everything Everything
Bears Den
Hannah Wants
Rejjie Snow
J Hus
Jagwar Ma
AJ Tracy
The Lemon Twigs
Eden
Declan Mckenna
Alma
Little Hours
Margaret Glaspy
Beoga
Lyra
Lewis Capaldi
Kweku Collins
Aaron Lee Tasjan
Brand New Friend

• 1 month later...

Well it looks like the last announcement will be Friday, Le Galaxie tweeted that they might be in the big announcement on Friday, it seems that the Picnic is one of the last festivals on the Efestivals forum to announce their acts for 2017.  I heard that A Tribe Called Quest had cancelled one of their August festival shows due to grief about previous members who have passed on, lets hope they don't cancel the rest of the August and September shows.

30 additions to the line up yesterday, 

Giggs – Tale of Us – Le Galaxie – All Tvvins –– Clark – Tiga
The Skatalites – King King Company - Rusangano Family - Mr Jukes

The Strypes – Keywest – Talos - Paul Kelly – Stephanie Rainey – The Riptide Movement
Otherkin – Kila – Soulé – Jafaris – Fangclub – Pale Rivers

Versatile – Le Boom – Wastefellow – Nobody’s Heroes
Search Party Animal - Kojaque – Touts – Dublin Gospel Choir

ep_aug_18_web_poster_1000px.jpg