2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

On 10/14/2017 at 8:09 AM, WS_Jack_III said:

Bit nervous about this, you lot can be brutal haha 

I released my Debut EP a week ago, Neil said I could post links to it.

It's a loose concept about Nuclear weapons and the impact they can and have had. It's electronic music. As some of you know my main influences in that genre are Orbital and The Chemical Brothers.

and if you'd like to buy it, it's available on iTunes but Neil said buy it on Amazon music as he gets a kick back. 

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/tales-from-the-wastelands-ep/id1292410495?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Wastelands-Nashville-Electro-Service/dp/B076659NG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1507921629&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=nashville+electro+service

It's available on most music services. 

I'd be grateful if a few of you check it out. Thanks :D

Fuck - I missed this post. This is awesome mate, congratulations on getting it out there. Good luck with it all going forward

• Like 1

Anyone else listening to Robert Plant's new album? A slow burner but it's good stuff. Nothing mind blowing but well worth a listen. I just love hearing his voice, one of the all time greats.

This tune has a bit of a Led Zep vibe imo.

Edited by Madyaker

On 10/13/2017 at 8:09 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Bit nervous about this, you lot can be brutal haha 

I released my Debut EP a week ago, Neil said I could post links to it.

It's a loose concept about Nuclear weapons and the impact they can and have had. It's electronic music. As some of you know my main influences in that genre are Orbital and The Chemical Brothers.

and if you'd like to buy it, it's available on iTunes but Neil said buy it on Amazon music as he gets a kick back. 

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/tales-from-the-wastelands-ep/id1292410495?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Wastelands-Nashville-Electro-Service/dp/B076659NG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1507921629&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=nashville+electro+service

It's available on most music services. 

I'd be grateful if a few of you check it out. Thanks :D

Wow, you've got a proper record out, not just some Soundcloud tracks, congratulations!

I like it, Future is the stand out track and I'm also pretty keen on Panic, it took me a minute to realise the synth in the background was a stylised air raid siren.

Nice one! :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Wow, you've got a proper record out, not just some Soundcloud tracks, congratulations!

I like it, Future is the stand out track and I'm also pretty keen on Panic, it took me a minute to realise the synth in the background was a stylised air raid siren.

Nice one! :D

See that is really interesting. "Future" is probably my least favourite one i've ever made, although I am proud of the drum pattern in that one.

Seems like most people are enjoying "Panic" the most, it's the most streamed on all platforms.

My personal fave was "Dust of Death" really enjoyed creating that one.

Thanks so much for listening! Means the world. Already got another 4 tracks in the works.

The air raid siren is from a youtube clip that i've messed around with.

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

First impressions and all that, but the new Margo Price album doesn't have quite as many immediate bangers as the debut, particularly in the second half.

Opening treble is strong, mind.  IIRC that first track cropped up in her Glasto set.

Yeah a lot of it seems to fall more in to standard country than the first and I probably won’t be returning to it as much, but it’s good enough for now. Really like that Willie Nelson one. 

ooo that Fever Ray tune's a dazzler. New album has been a long time coming. That's another who one who's bound to be touring in summer for the only time in ages and Glastonbury is slacking off for a year!!

Came in to extol the virtues of Louisiana glamster Kyle Craft's new covers album. All the songs were written by women which sounds like a Ryan Adams idea, I know, but it's a smashing selection of tunes and he does enough of a twist on the originals - I first listened without checking the tracklist and had a whale of a time. If yer not familiar with Craft then he's been described as Bob Dylan via Ezra Furman and had an excellent album out last year.

On 14/10/2017 at 7:52 PM, kingcrawler said:

I mentioned it a while back but Gang of Youths album was released in the UK yesterday and is great, definitely in my top 5 for the year.  The album is pretty long and would probably be my AOTY if they'd cut a few songs from it but well worth a listen for anyone who likes big Springsteen-inspired indie rock. Going to see them on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to, only £10 including fee's which is a welcome change from all the £40+ gigs recently.

This is brill btw. Bloated but they’ve gone for the huge second album and it works. How was the gig?

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This is brill btw. Bloated but they’ve gone for the huge second album and it works. How was the gig?

They were good, only managed 9 songs in about 70 minutes but I guess that comes with not really having any short songs and I can't complain given the price. Sounded huge live. They seem to be a reasonably big deal in Australia so hopefully over time they build up a decent following here too, they said the gig was sold out but didn't look like there was more than 150 people there. 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm little bit disappointed in this myself on first listen. There are a few points where it teeters a little too closely to Sam Smith territory.

Sorta know what you mean but there's a more elegant and sultry atmosphere going on in the way she does it. That trumpet solo on the third track is one of my favourite pop moments of this year and I almost got a kinda Portishead-ish vibe from Slow Me Down which is nice. Also she's the first one to brave the Latin trend thing without it feeling forced, and the Ed Sheeran collab is the most interesting thing he's done in years. Will be more likely to return to this record in full whereas her first two I only really bother with the singles.