2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

Going to collect my copy of the new John Murry this morning.

and my know it ain't new, but I've just seen SFA are reissuing 'radiator' on vinyl this Friday. My favourite of all their albums

28 minutes ago, Bradders said:

I thought I read the Purity Ring single was a one-off to celebrate the release of the debut. May well be a leftover from those times, but unless I've missed something I wouldn't get too many hopes up for a new album soon.

That would go some way to explain my comment, I spose

Hey that new Alvvays track is a pretty sweet gear change. Hyped bigly for the album now.

Was just coming in to praise Sophia Kennedy's self-titled debut that I've only just got around to listening to three months on from release. Anyone heard it? Definitely one of the most interesting, inventive records I've listened to this year. I guess it's experimental pop/electronica but I'm having a tough time in boiling it down to similar acts or influences or specific genres which is a good thing I guess but not if you're trying to pitch the artist to music fans. :lol: But yeah, look it up and check it out.

Edited by dentalplan

10 hours ago, Mardy said:

Going to collect my copy of the new John Murry this morning.

omg, John's finally released a second album!? I did not know this. Need to get my hands on that. Obviously the best album he could record would be a compilation of his between song patter from his live shows, he's got a way with words like so few others do.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:58 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Sylvan Esso have a new EP soon out where they recorded a few tracks from their latest album with a band.  One a day are being released on Youtube over the next few days:

Should include the sax on all songs from now on. Perfectly understated. 

Love a sax.