2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

19 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

New Real Estate ft a horse

Love this band. I mean, most of their songs are actually pretty forgettable but they just have a great sound and this seems like a really nice evolution of it. I'm excited!

And yeah, we really need to get them on the Park, sunny afternoon of Real Estate/American Football/Alvvays in whatever order those bands would go in would be perfect please. Think their only date so far is Coachella but you'd think there'd be more to come with an album releasing.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Love this band. I mean, most of their songs are actually pretty forgettable but they just have a great sound and this seems like a really nice evolution of it. I'm excited!

And yeah, we really need to get them on the Park, sunny afternoon of Real Estate/American Football/Alvvays in whatever order those bands would go in would be perfect please. Think their only date so far is Coachella but you'd think there'd be more to come with an album releasing.

Doesn't say so on songkick but I'm fairly certain they have a European date(s) right around Glastonbury time which made them seem very likely

20 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

"Right guys, idea for your new music video: you all perform in an all white room..."

"Yeah..?"

"...and there's a horse there too."

"...okay..."

Songs not blowing my mind but I'm stoked for the album nonetheless

In fairness Action Branson beat them to this 

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Back on to new music, Tim Darcy from Ought is not only releasing his solo record, but also says the 3rd Ought album is finished. Very much looking forward to those.

Ace! Ought have been a glaring omission from Glastonbury's lineup for a few years so hope they make it this time

New 23 song Thundercat album Drunk out 24th February. Usually I'd be wary of an album so long but I could sit and listen to Thundercat all day, plus his last one/mini album was only 5 songs long. Album features Kendrick, Pharrell, Kamasi Washington (and Wiz Khalifa...) plus his new song features both Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins :lol:

On 24/01/2017 at 3:10 PM, FloorFiller said:

http://pitchfork.com/news/70869-father-john-misty-announces-new-album-pure-comedy-shares-short-film-watch/?mbid=social_facebook

New Father John Misty album officially announced. The title track is amazing so fingers crossed the rest is of the same quality. Surely guaranteed a decent place on this years lineup

edit: and here's the accompanying 25 minute film

Gotta say this track has really caught my eyes in a way his older stuff didn't. Lyrically really nice, I get 'The Daily Mail' vibes from it. I'd listened to that Honeybear album that everyone loved a couple times and just thought 'eh, it's okay', but I'll have to go back to it now.

Edited by Mash011