2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

BOOGIE

Goddamn I love this group. Hope them saying this was their 'last' album was misinterpreted somehow, although 3 albums in a year ain't bad going at all.

Saturation 3, Revival and N.E.R.D. all out on Friday. Gonna be a good (or in Eminem's case... bad) day for hip-hop.

It being their last album would be the dumbest thing ever. None of them have really broken out on their own yet so they’d essentially be retiring. I guess I’m just never gonna be a fan because they seem mediocre af and there’s only the one guy that strikes me as a talented rapper but they’ve obviously got a thing going in hip hop circles so I doubt it’s the end.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

For anybody after a laugh, Eminem’s new album is out there. Fucking hell it is bad - possibly his worst one yet. Time to throw in the towel, Marshall.

I think there are a few decent songs on there - I quite like the sampled songs as something a bit different, and think Like Home (Trump diss) is a great track and shows glimpses that he’s still got it in him  

But overall yeah, it’s not the best. 

5 hours ago, st dan said:

I think there are a few decent songs on there - I quite like the sampled songs as something a bit different, and think Like Home (Trump diss) is a great track and shows glimpses that he’s still got it in him  

But overall yeah, it’s not the best. 

The song where he's rapping over what seems like an unedited version of the I Love Rock & Roll instrumental is one of the worst things I've ever heard. I honestly found very few redeeming qualities in this album, and his flow is all over the place for the most part. Saw somebody describe it as a 'Siri-like' flow which I thought was pretty spot on. Weird.

Brockhampton's Saturation III is ace. Maybe not quite as good as II, but for their third album in six months they've done really well.

New N.E.R.D is unexpectedly brilliant. Not sure how much input the other members have in this one, but if Pharrell wants to use the N.E.R.D name to separate his quirky hip-hop from his pop solo career then that's fine with me.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

New The Streets single on Spotify, haven’t had chance to listen yet.

I like it, seems odd that he' released them as The Streets though as it sounds just like the stuff he was putting out as Brighter The Light. Think there'll be some fans of his first 2 albums that'll be underwhelmed.

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

I like it, seems odd that he' released them as The Streets though as it sounds just like the stuff he was putting out as Brighter The Light. Think there'll be some fans of his first 2 albums that'll be underwhelmed.

Probably because nobody gives a shit about his other projects outside of The Streets - just a surefire way to garner more interest really.