2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

Had a fun stomp to the train station to the new King Gizz album (great if you're into that sort of thing) then had a lovely sunny train ride through the pennines listening to the new OCS album (love it, Orc's more my sort of thing but this is a really nice listen). If Moz can provide a decent soundtrack to me modelling this squirrels tail I'm on to a winner.

Didn't rate Morrissey's just comes across as too much of an arse. Shame but ahh well. Loved Gizzard's and Oh Sees. Enjoyed MAtt Berry's as well, good chilled afternoon listen. Been chuckling along to Kurupt FM's The Lost Tapes as well, some decent tunes and that on it as well to fire up the Friday Feeling.

Good day of new music I'd say.

Amazon seems to have leaked that there's a new Glassjaw album coming December 1st. About fucking time! Pretty frickin' excited - thought the two EPs they did a couple of years ago were great. Hopefully a tour will come at some point.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/glassjaw-to-release-first-new-album-in-15-years-this-december

On 17/11/2017 at 5:39 PM, priest17 said:

Didn't rate Morrissey's just comes across as too much of an arse.

I thought it was a good album personally. I was surprised at how little he came across as an arse and the music was a level above anything for at least a decade.

Sadly he looks to have lost the plot elsewhere. He's really plumbing new depths with victim-blaming the Weinstein and Spacey accusers. Pretty much Katie Hopkins with a knack for clever lyrics at this point.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I thought it was a good album personally. I was surprised at how little he came across as an arse and the music was a level above anything for at least a decade.

Sadly he looks to have lost the plot elsewhere. He's really plumbing new depths with victim-blaming the Weinstein and Spacey accusers. Pretty much Katie Hopkins with a knack for clever lyrics at this point.

Be real, he has no knack for clever lyrics.

"And they who reign abuse upon you
They are jealous of you as well
Love yourself as you should
Israel"
- Steve Morrissey

At the end of the day, I suppose that's why Israel gets any criticism for its treatment of Palestine, it's because people are jealous. Yes, that's definitely it, can't be anything else.

People need to stop giving the c**t a free pass because of the music he made in the past. I was a big fan, but he's an Islamaphobic, shit-stirring, dog whistle dickhead. If we're not calling him out he's getting away with it. He should be a public pariah after his statement on the arena attack, people should be embarrassed to admit still listening to him.

40 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Be real, he has no knack for clever lyrics.

"And they who reign abuse upon you
They are jealous of you as well
Love yourself as you should
Israel"
- Steve Morrissey

At the end of the day, I suppose that's why Israel gets any criticism for its treatment of Palestine, it's because people are jealous. Yes, that's definitely it, can't be anything else.

People need to stop giving the c**t a free pass because of the music he made in the past. I was a big fan, but he's an Islamaphobic, shit-stirring, dog whistle dickhead. If we're not calling him out he's getting away with it. He should be a public pariah after his statement on the arena attack, people should be embarrassed to admit still listening to him.

Did you read the rest of the lyrics to the song? Cos obviously that bit on its own sounds stupid but the stuff about not punishing the people for the state's actions seems ok.

Anyway, I pretty much just listened to the album once just to get an opinion on the album untarnished by the public persona and I think it did come across a lot better than current reviews are giving him credit for. I won't be buying his albums or tickets or Morrissey-branded tiki torches. I certainly think he is losing a lot of favour at the moment and is working on destroying The Smiths' legacy so I don't think there's any worry of him being granted a free pass - his ideals very much come across as a sad old man losing his grip on reality and his dogwhistles are falling on deaf ears.

Also, going back to the album, I thought it was funny how what'd probably normally be seen as a good album has been panned because of the public persona which is the polar opposite of that Liam Gallagher record.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did you read the rest of the lyrics to the song? Cos obviously that bit on its own sounds stupid but the stuff about not punishing the people for the state's actions seems ok.

It takes a special kind of w*nker to look at criticism of Israel's action towards Palestine and decide the real injustice there is that Israelis' feelings might be hurt. It's really just him trying undermine legitimate criticism of Israel. And no matter the context of the rest of the song, that particular but I posted is a shitty statement (haven't heard any of the songs, I just saw some choice awful lyrics quoted in reviews and decided to fact-check on Genius, none of them were redeemed by reading the full lyrics).

Had a listen to Noel's new album on my commute in this morning. It's.... good, like really good, better than it has any right to be good...

In the past whenever he talks up an album he honks on about how it's a departure from his past work, and then it ends up just sounding the same. This is genuinely different, and better for it.

I listened to Noel's a couple of times this morning, was really taken aback at how eager I was to listen again after putting it on originally out of courtesy to 15 year old oasis-loving me, I think its great. You could argue that it's almost a collage of things I like from other bands but there's some relatively unique twists in there as well. Productions great and the

In a way it's a shame it's a Noel Gallagher album, would be great in the Apollo or smaller not surrounded by Oasis fans (no offence to them like), but I'm not gonna go to an arena for it. I also think people would give it a bit more of a chance if it was someone else's debut and there wasn't 25 years of Noel preceding it, the scissors thing would have gone down a bit smoother as well without his brother (that everyone prefers currently) taking the piss. Kudos to him anyway, sounds top.

as you were lg x