2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What about if you like new stuff and vintage stuff but find Biggie / Puff Daddy and - in particular - Tupac / Death Row a bit of a snooze?

This signifies an open mind.

I just want to point out that Hip Hop isn't as good as used to be. Like all genres there was a golden age. Lil Wayne or Jay-z?

(hint: It's Jay Z)

Edited by bamber

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Pshaw.  They're basically contemporaries.

Actually, speaking of Death Row I dig Afro Puffs by Lady of Rage.

So if I post this, and its shite I cop the flack. Good job its sound.

It's not fuckin' new though..

Bit nervous about this, you lot can be brutal haha 

I released my Debut EP a week ago, Neil said I could post links to it.

It's a loose concept about Nuclear weapons and the impact they can and have had. It's electronic music. As some of you know my main influences in that genre are Orbital and The Chemical Brothers.

and if you'd like to buy it, it's available on iTunes but Neil said buy it on Amazon music as he gets a kick back. 

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/tales-from-the-wastelands-ep/id1292410495?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Wastelands-Nashville-Electro-Service/dp/B076659NG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1507921629&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=nashville+electro+service

It's available on most music services. 

I'd be grateful if a few of you check it out. Thanks :D

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Bit nervous about this, you lot can be brutal haha 

I released my Debut EP a week ago, Neil said I could post links to it.

It's a loose concept about Nuclear weapons and the impact they can and have had. It's electronic music. As some of you know my main influences in that genre are Orbital and The Chemical Brothers.

and if you'd like to buy it, it's available on iTunes but Neil said buy it on Amazon music as he gets a kick back. 

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/tales-from-the-wastelands-ep/id1292410495?app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Wastelands-Nashville-Electro-Service/dp/B076659NG6/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1507921629&sr=1-1-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=nashville+electro+service

It's available on most music services. 

I'd be grateful if a few of you check it out. Thanks :D

Quite Magnificent.I'm not paying for that. However I am tempted 

Socks and Sliders

Edited by bamber

59 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile album is also excellent. King Krule, Wolf Parade, Kelela, Destroyer, St Vincent, Margo Price and this all in the space of a week and all fantastic. Been spoilt rotten.

new Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile is good but was a little underwhelmed on first listen, will have to give it a bit longer before a proper assessment though. New King Krule is excellent, didn't like his first album but this one is great.

I mentioned it a while back but Gang of Youths album was released in the UK yesterday and is great, definitely in my top 5 for the year.  The album is pretty long and would probably be my AOTY if they'd cut a few songs from it but well worth a listen for anyone who likes big Springsteen-inspired indie rock. Going to see them on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to, only £10 including fee's which is a welcome change from all the £40+ gigs recently.

On 13/10/2017 at 7:14 PM, bamber said:

Wu-Tang, Hip Hop generally, as we knew it, is over. I t died a long time ago. Not dead maybe, massively diminished though.

Give the latest Tyler, the Creator album a go. Better than Kendrick. It's a fucking masterwork.