2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

Oy, Will, listen Waxahatchee, Sampha, Protomartyr, Nadine Shah, Mount Kimbie, Laura Marling, Kelly Lee Owens, John Murry, Ibibio Sound Machine, Ibeyi, Forest Swords, Elder, Colin Stetson, Bonobo, Arca, and Alvvays. It's been a lit year so far, there's no excuse for not being on it.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nowt just being fresh.

HAAA! You got told by Will

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oy, Will, listen Waxahatchee, Sampha, Protomartyr, Nadine Shah, Mount Kimbie, Laura Marling, Kelly Lee Owens, John Murry, Ibibio Sound Machine, Ibeyi, Forest Swords, Elder, Colin Stetson, Bonobo, Arca, and Alvvays. It's been a lit year so far, there's no excuse for not being on it.

HAAA! You got told by Will

Ah I listened to the Laura Marling album actually, that was good. Bonobo, too.

Forgot that the Alvvays album was out. Need to listen to that, yeah.

Also your GOLD membership must be broken xxx

If anyone listened to that Sioux Falls record I was raving about last year, they released their follow up on Friday under their new name Strange Ranger and it's titled 'Daymoon'. Much more laid back than Rot Forever was but it's a good jam. Fer fans of early Modest Mouse, (Sandy) Alex G and other emo-tinged indie rock.

This year's been so good for albums that I'm absolutely bankrupting myself trying to go to all the accompanying tours. Ones that I don't think have been mentioned: King Krule (not out yet but dead dead good), Four Tet, The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, The Horrors, Brockhampton (Saturation 1 and 2, but mostly 2), Ariel Pink, Charly Bliss, Power Trip, Manchester Orchestra, Sufjan & co., (Sandy) Alex G, Slowdive, Mac DeMarco, Mount Eerie, Julie Byrne, Dirty Projectors, Cloud Nothings.

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

Any new electro pop tunes/albums that people can recommend? Have decided that I am going to look forward now instead of living in the past.

Have been listening to the new Hannah Peel effort and quite like it.

Stars - There is No Love In Fluorescent Light will definitely fit the bill.

out on Friday but available to stream or otherwise acquire on the Internet already

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

New Noel. Not really a fan of this one, not sure Noel’s voice fits this kind of song.

Ballads on one side, this on the other, can you imagine what an oasis album would sound like now? (Probably a watered down Definitly Maybe but its fun to imagine).

I like the tune, it's not ground-breaking but I appreciate him trying something new, even if new sounds like a kasabian album filler track. Not sure what the fans'll think.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ballads on one side, this on the other, can you imagine what an oasis album would sound like now? (Probably a watered down Definitly Maybe but its fun to imagine).

I like the tune, it's not ground-breaking but I appreciate him trying something new, even if new sounds like a kasabian album filler track. Not sure what the fans'll think.

"She Fell - She Fell"

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the best thing Kasabian never wrote, so much so that it's pretty much unrecognisable as a Noel song. It's peaked my interest in his new album anyway, for better or for worse, although I feel for Oasis fans the battle of Liam vs. Noel will fall in to the former's side this time round.

I agree with others in that I’m glad he’s doing something a bit different, I liked both his previous solo albums at the time but neither have aged well at all, don’t think I’ve went back to either since they were released. Will certainly give the new one a listen but far from convinced based on this.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree with others in that I’m glad he’s doing something a bit different, I liked both his previous solo albums at the time but neither have aged well at all, don’t think I’ve went back to either since they were released. Will certainly give the new one a listen but far from convinced based on this.

I liked the two solo albums, but other than what a life & if I had a gun, its not much of a thing. Chasing Yesterday I prefer tbh, but its not something I listen to really. We cant go back was the biggest nostalgia trip imaginable.

This came out a couple of weeks ago and I've not seen it mentioned (God you guys are useless), guy's collaborated with and toured with Avalanches and releasing an album in November. Pity it didn't come out in summer but sounds fresh anyway, I really like it